Diamond Mine - How's this mix?

Very professional. I can easily see this song on the radio. Some critiques you could take away would be adjust the reverb a little bit. I don't know where you have reverb (if any), but the vocals could use some glue. I would also consider either adding instruments with presence in the frequency range or boost the high frequencies in general.

That's really all I have. Great work!

Thanks for that. Yeah, to me the vocals sound 'ok' on most headphones and my speakers but through a phone or laptop the vocals sound a bit disengaged. There is reverb hooked to the vocals and most of the other stuff is fed through the same reverb. Maybe I could either increase the vocal signal into the reverb...or send the vocal to another reverb to try and glue the vocal into the track more.

I liked this. The vocals might be just a bit strong right at the beginning but I confess I like vocals out front. I'd probably spread the BGVs a little (more?) because it seemed all right down the middle when they came in.

Maybe a little master bus compression or just a little (talking fractional dB here) pull back of the mids overall (but listening on cans right now).

The tremolo for the first guitar on the right seems a bit choppy and fast so a little distracting. Not sure if that's the way it went in but you might play with the time sync and other knobs if it's ITB.

Good song!

Sounds pretty decent. The big nit that sticks out to me is that between the acoustics and the high-hat, there's a lot of clickiness throughout.

Fun song. I like the singer's voice. I like the bass tone a lot.

There is nothing on the left to balance the lead/riff guitar on the right.

The mix overall is pretty narrow. The drums are very narrow, and the only other instruments on the edges are guitar licks. There is nothing "substantial" out on the edges. Drum patter is pretty basic.

Oh and the guitar licks are cool and I thought the tone was nice.

I think ots a decent mix levelwise. The tone is nice and warm.
Like M said though....it's a little narrow. A lotnod my mixes are narrow too...it's something I struggle with. It's hard to get a good mix,with a wide stereo spread, that is balancef and not lopsided.
This sounds good
great work.

I have acoustic guitars playing rhythm out on the L and R...and there's a shaker on the left offsetting the guitar licks on the right...that was the plan anyway. I've made changes to bring those out a bit more. In the previous mix they were under-represented. I added a couple of db on the acoustics around 1.5 or 2k and just turned the shaker up a handful of db.

Not sure it's helped too much. Anyway, avoiding a narrow mix is something I can keep in mind for the future. Thanks for listening

Back