The Death of Mr. Phone (An Anthropomorphic History of Telegraphy and Telephony)

Mix 3 - the sib is less obvious and generally all cool.
Mix 4 -

Da Pooh - rhymes with two, could be The Shit which is Da bomb which is, though I may have misunderstood, good.
I liked the mix.
I like number three now.
I won't say it's da pooh, the doo doo, the goo or wang chu for fear of missing the street accuracy of current vernacular.
Good song. I was listening to TMBG three nights ago Flood and the other I forget - bright coloured cartoonish illustrations and LOTS of semi funny labels. I didn't place this track as TMBGish though. Sounds Adam to me and I adamant about that, (though not Adam Ant).

Mix 3 - the sib is less obvious and generally all cool.
Mix 4 -

Da Pooh - rhymes with two, could be The Shit which is Da bomb which is, though I may have misunderstood, good.
I liked the mix.
I like number three now.
I won't say it's da pooh, the doo doo, the goo or wang chu for fear of missing the street accuracy of current vernacular.
Good song. I was listening to TMBG three nights ago Flood and the other I forget - bright coloured cartoonish illustrations and LOTS of semi funny labels. I didn't place this track as TMBGish though. Sounds Adam to me and I adamant about that, (though not Adam Ant).

Did you listen to mix 4? ( you left it blank.) I think I like that one more and I believe I turned the guitar down a bit because three sounded too weighted to the left to me.

That second album was their self titled debut, affectionately referred to by fans as "The Pink Album." It's great.
Oh, and I'm glad I sound like me. (Up and at 'em, A ... Oh, never mind.)

P.S. I'm fine with "the doo doo." In fact, I'd really like that to be my nickname.

Oh, by the way, you said "the three mixes" while there were only two.

When I looked through the thread there were two mixes on top and a third in a follow up post. Now I see there are mixes #3 and #4 in that follow up post. Maybe I happened across an interim version of that post? Anyway, I'll try to get to those mixes today.

I'm betting the "third" was just the second mix posted as a bump, as it wasn't originally in the initial post, which I edited a little later to include the second. It now includes three and four as well. I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

I thought mixes #3 and #4 were pretty close. But of all 4 mixes I think I like 3 the best. They all have very good clarity. But the clarity of mixes 1, 2, and 4 come at the expense of some harshness. Mix 3 has the best tonal balance and the best balance of clarity to warmth. I'm speaking mostly about the vocals at this point because that is what seems to be changing the most from mix to mix.

So whatever you did in mix #3 - that's my vote.

I thought mixes #3 and #4 were pretty close. But of all 4 mixes I think I like 3 the best. They all have very good clarity. But the clarity of mixes 1, 2, and 4 come at the expense of some harshness. Mix 3 has the best tonal balance and the best balance of clarity to warmth. I'm speaking mostly about the vocals at this point because that is what seems to be changing the most from mix to mix.

So whatever you did in mix #3 - that's my vote.

Do you like the guitar level/placement in mix #3?

Back