Daze Go Bye

Stratomaster

Ok heres another tune I've been working on-This is a basic "push fader" mix-nothing has been eq'd except vocals.

Enjoy!

good tune Strat! I'm sure you mentioned it before, but what do you do? Are you the singer? I like the vocals a lot..

There is a certain lo-fi sound to your tunes.. I noticed it on 'love and war' as well.. That sounds a little better than this, but very similar.. The sound is less of a problem for me because I liked the tune.. Kinda bass heavy, but I like that.. Lacking some highs on this one though..

That whole part @ 2:45 ish is great! I don't know how to make this better, although I know it could sound a lot better.. sorry I'm of little to no use in the way of help, but I liked it just the same.. I wouldn't have minded some more solos earlier on or something..

I just let it go into 'love and war' and that has a bit more highs, but shares the same problems for the most part..

good tune! Maybe someone with a clue can help you...

Thanks B.---No I'm not the singer-I play guitar and bass. I hear you on the lo-fi :(-what can I say? It prob has most to do with drums (you midi drum guys make me jealous). To be honest, this is my second batch of recordings-before this I was in 4-track land-so I'm kind of learning as I screw up my own songs. Oh well I could go on with the excuses all day. Thanks for listening again-your time is always appreciated.

Neeeeeext!

Btw-this is just a early mix-no eqing-prob shouldnt have put it up but ill be at work all weekend-so I need something to keep me awake....

Cool

Man Strato..............you keep 'em coming!

I don't have the knowledge to give advice on any mixing issues. As a whole it sounds great.
The playing is as tight as Great Aunt Irenes girdle!!
Great tune!!

I am wondering if the lead vocal is recorded with the "lo fi" sound on purpose (stupid question kinda!)
It seems the BU vox have more clarity. I like it at the beginning but can it be brought out front after that?

If you listen to Voxvenders "In my Head" you will see what I mean.

It sounds great at this stage and if this is the sound you are after than just forget my ramblin....
Can't wait to hear version 2.0!

Another hit !!! I hate you strato.........lol :D :D

Joel

Good tune strat!It's good to know some fellow Georgians are still rockin with straight ahead ROCK.The vocals are cool and the rhythm section is solid......the whole thing sounds a little lo-fi but the song is strong.

Keep it up!

listening....i like the singer!...good voice...."logic was once only lunacy"....killer.....that is a great guitar sound btw....i cant hear the cymbals very good on this?...might be my "settings" on winamp....are you playing all the guitar parts...i like the halftime..sorta breakdown..sround 3 min er so....i think this guy has a great voice dang....yep...great song!!!

rock pure an simple!!!

jamal:D

Thanks guys for taking time to listen------

JCMM-thx for the listen-Yes the vocals were recorded with the distortion-it was intentional-I added compression and delay afterwards-yeah and the Bkrnd vocs are cleaner with flange and echo-Ive listened to voxvendors tunes Ill have to go back and check out what your talkin about.Thx for the advice and the listen-and good song you have up btw...

Kramer! yo dawg-thx for your time-listening to larry munson as we speak-pulling for the dawgs though there offense has me worried-Ya lo-fi heh-probably a combination of my recording errors(real drums are a bitch) and a low bitrate I think its only 93 or something-I really should give you guys the best but we're trying to be dial-up friendly...The sound of this will improve-I promise...

Jamal Yo!Glad you liked the guitars-theres 2 teles during most of the song and the end jam I think has 2 more. Yeah the drums are kinda buried arent they? For good reason....The drums were recorded a while back-I didnt really have good mics Or good techniques-I'm slowly getting better-stay tuned.....

Thanks for listening....Anyone got any specific EQ advice? Is it beyond the help of EQ?

catchy kinda tune and some neat-o delays on the vocals. No fidelity though. Has that "thru a megaphone" sound...the whole mix. ..and especially the vocal sound. In otherwords...ya need the "smiley" EQ curve!!:rolleyes:

Back