Dauntless - Death/Thrash Metal

Daunt_

This is my first serious (demo) recording project and I would like to hear some opinions about it. The band is called Dauntless and music style is death/thrash metal. The mixing is not 100% final but very close. My instrument is drums.

hell yeah!

that's the deal right there! Great stuff! I heard a lot of good influences in there.. Pungent Stench, Cradle of Filth, Sodom, Hellhammer etc... excellent drumming.. I liked this a lot... I imagine some people here may not like the vocals, but I thought this was ass kicking all the way around.. recording and performance..

This is without a doubt the most violent song I have ever heard in this clinic..

Thumbs waaaayy the hell up!

real sweet man! (and great drumming too!)

did the guitarest mic there amp or record direct? what pedal did they use?

Holy shit, this is huge. The guitar sound is VERY evil. Drums sound clear and good. What kind of drum kit do you have (triggers) ?
Very brutal and evil but powerful. Sound is clear and that's very good on this. Not the kind of thing I listen to, but I can hear there's some menacing riffs here and nice screaming. Mixing is great. I can't give you any advice on the mix, since there's so much power in it. I'd change nothing at all. Great job!

By the way... what's that "Drumkits From Hell" thing ? I listened to the samples and there are some very impressive sounds. Are they only drumloops or are there individual sounds, like snare, kick, toms and all that?

CrankyOne said:
What kind of drum kit do you have (triggers) ?

I have Tama Crestar set with Sonor piccolo snare. The drums are trigged all the way. Most of the samples are taken from 'Drumkit from Hell' sample CD (drumkit.toontrack.com). I recorded the drums with selfmade triggers and two Behringer ECM8000 mics (overheads).

How does one record triggered drums w/ real cymbals? Wouldn't the overhead mics bring in the real drum sound, making the triggered drums sound strange?

Claudius Rex said:
How does one record triggered drums w/ real cymbals? Wouldn't the overhead mics bring in the real drum sound, making the triggered drums sound strange?

I removed most of the original drum sounds with hard EQing. My drums were in the same tuning as the samples so that I could bring "space" to overall sound. That way I avoided the drum machine sound. It wasn't easy at first since the snare sounded really bad from the overheads, but now I know how to do it.

NICE JOB! I love it! Like B. SABBATH said this has to be the heaviest thing i've heard on this forum. The drums sound really nice too, well hrm..as for mix..well i don't notice anything obviously wrong with it. I'll keep listening and see if i can find anything hehe.

Keep up the good work!

cool stuff...and gotta love the whammy{1;20} (ala randy rhodes)... On some segments, the snare timing bugged me, :-)45+.... 1:32+...). Great sound on the vocals. good balances all around. Nice clean breaks too. The pic. snare was nice. Nice "jump up" sound with the gtr solo too....and the whammy hit again!! I'm a sucker for those benders... Nice dbl kick sounds too. Nice ending, but could it fade into silence??

thumbs up !!

Daunt said:
Thanks a lot to all of you! There are two things that will be improved: vocal and solo guitar sound.

damn...and that's what I get for saying they're great!!;) I'm too tired to stay up and be sarcastic anymore....zzzzz

great song...and I'll be eager to hear the "new and improved"....

AAHHH!!If only there was more music like this on the forum,totally my style,nice performance and mix...good show,Stay heavy...Metal will never die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p

Back