Current song - A bit different.

Hahaha. I genuinely tensed then relaxed reading that.
I knew immediately what you were talking about. It's me singing a handful of copies of a low E drone.
Ayee-um-bam-ba is a pretty accurate description. ;)

I don't know why, but something in side me was just pushing towards Graceland meets Lion king. :p
There's a didge buried in there somewhere that has a similar rhythm. I suppose it makes it hard to be sure what's what.

Thanks Rob.
PS, the links in post 12 are almost certainly final vocal takes. Different songs, but still.
I went back to the SM7b in the end.

Aah, thanks for clearing that up Steen. I was wavering between didge and vocal and it didn't sound completely like either. Yeah, it works incredibly well as a subtle rhythmic undercurrent.

I love Gracelands as well, so the comparison is all good to me.

Cheers Phil!
I'm going nuts over here. CAN'T WAIT to get the vocals done.

I might twist his arm to break chronology and just do them tonight.
Stay tuned.

Whoa, Thanks Jammeez and godchuanz!
I haven't forgotten about this thread. We just haven't got these vocals done yet. It's killing me!!!! :p

I was just checking the progress on this. (and having another listen)

Keep us posted on this mate. Looking forward to hearing the finished product :thumbs up:

I really like Thief. Great song and a really nice capture of it. I'm only listening on headphones at the minute but it sounds pretty f'in good! Pete has got a really good voice.

Gone sounds great too. I love the build up. The change in the percussion has really brought this song into it's own. I was pleasantly surprised by the vocals at the end. I was expecting a big sing along ending like Hey Jude or something. Although something like that would've been good, I'm glad it isn't like that .

Top work! I'll be blasting these out tomorrow for the neighbours! :thumbs up:

I really like Thief. Great song and a really nice capture of it. I'm only listening on headphones at the minute but it sounds pretty f'in good! Pete has got a really good voice.

Gone sounds great too. I love the build up. The change in the percussion has really brought this song into it's own. I was pleasantly surprised by the vocals at the end. I was expecting a big sing along ending like Hey Jude or something. Although something like that would've been good, I'm glad it isn't like that .

Top work! I'll be blasting these out tomorrow for the neighbours! :thumbs up:

Cheers Clean.
That's the first outside feedback on the Gone outro and man, I'm wiping my brow! :p
Glad you enjoyed these.

I have about seven at the listenable stage now but I'm not going to spam the boards with them.

Feel free to PM me a link and I'll have a run through them for you and give my honest opinion :D

Plus I'll enjoy listening to them so everybody will be happy :thumbs up:

Back