Cover of Pink Floyd's "Wish You Were Here"

Maybe it's an indicator that even Floyd had to do the high-pass thingy to keep the listener's attention. It is a long intro. . .
Maybe so ... good point! :)

Robus: I know you weren't. I'm half being facetious by posting the stem here. Although I am curious to hear what a MIDI one would like next to it. :)

Mix sounds great Beagle & your wife's vocals are very nice. The only thing that struck me was that I don't think the lead tone on the solo matches the style of the rest of the arrangement. You've made a folky, natural sounding take on the original, but then there's quite a traditional Floyd style overdriven solo. I think the tone of itself is nice, but it just doesn't suit everything else and I'd have gone with something more clean and soft in this case maybe?

Mix sounds great Beagle & your wife's vocals are very nice. The only thing that struck me was that I don't think the lead tone on the solo matches the style of the rest of the arrangement. You've made a folky, natural sounding take on the original, but then there's quite a traditional Floyd style overdriven solo. I think the tone of itself is nice, but it just doesn't suit everything else and I'd have gone with something more clean and soft in this case maybe?

Thanks for the listen and comments Rob. The tone for the ending solo was the same tone I was using throughout on the electric guitar (for rhythm), so I guess that's why I didn't think it would stick out too much. In other words, it's not terribly distorted. I can see what you mean, though, and I appreciate your input!

Sounds like a flute to me :D
on headphones, the individual instruments are nice and clear and clean. But there a few things that come to mind....

Sounds like things are sitting in different spaces. The drums mainly in the intro, the vocals in many places - all I can guess is too close to the mic in spots.

Solo is fabulous :D Performances are flawless by all :D

Needs some kind of glue to mesh to all together. (maybe reverb or something). That is all. :D:D:D:D

Sounds like a flute to me :D
on headphones, the individual instruments are nice and clear and clean. But there a few things that come to mind....

Sounds like things are sitting in different spaces. The drums mainly in the intro, the vocals in many places - all I can guess is too close to the mic in spots.

Solo is fabulous :D Performances are flawless by all :D

Needs some kind of glue to mesh to all together. (maybe reverb or something). That is all. :D:D:D:D

Sorry ... didn't see this before. Thanks very much for the comments! Maybe I'll try messing with the verb settings a bit.

Back