A cover of Jimi Hendrix/John Mayer's "Bold as Love"

OK, your vocals are getting better, but you seemed hell bent on the grunt. Have you experimented with your voice? Try relaxing it a bit and see what it brings. The recordings I can remember it seems like you are pushing for a vocal sound that might not be you. Try changing it up a bit see what results you get.

I hear some sound distortion in the vocals, not sure if it is source clipping. If it is, turn your inputs down and add the gain during the mix. That would bring your level up.

I understand this is supposed to be free flow, but it seems too free flow. I doesn't complement the guitar or the guitar doesn't complement. Just sounds disjointed.

Overall, you are getting better, you should try and post your next recordings with a different approach to the vocals. Hey, see what happens. And by the way, just ask for feedback, criticize is so negative. ;)

The distortion is distracting, you should have no problem getting rid of that. I'd try playing with a drum track (even if you erase it) so you get used to be held to some closer timing. Nice rhythm guitar. Vocals aren't bad, a lot of potential there.

OK, your vocals are getting better, but you seemed hell bent on the grunt. Have you experimented with your voice? Try relaxing it a bit and see what it brings. The recordings I can remember it seems like you are pushing for a vocal sound that might not be you. Try changing it up a bit see what results you get.

I hear some sound distortion in the vocals, not sure if it is source clipping. If it is, turn your inputs down and add the gain during the mix. That would bring your level up.

I understand this is supposed to be free flow, but it seems too free flow. I doesn't complement the guitar or the guitar doesn't complement. Just sounds disjointed.

Overall, you are getting better, you should try and post your next recordings with a different approach to the vocals. Hey, see what happens. And by the way, just ask for feedback, criticize is so negative. ;)

Hi! Thank you so much for the feedback! It's hard for me to reach those high notes but I'll be doing a lighter and more natural approach in my bext recording :)

Yes, i think the input is clipping. I just found about it during the mixing stage and I'm too lazy to retake it again lol :)) I'll put input lower next time and I'll just bring them up in the mix.

Thank you so much! Those tips are noted! :)

The distortion is distracting, you should have no problem getting rid of that. I'd try playing with a drum track (even if you erase it) so you get used to be held to some closer timing. Nice rhythm guitar. Vocals aren't bad, a lot of potential there.

The input volume was set high that's why my vocals are clipping. I'll lower it next time to avois clipping! Thank you so much! :)

There are some singers that are blessed to be able to sing almost anything. For the rest, song selection is very important. Producers spend alot of time finding songs that fit with whatever vocalist they are producing. Songs and vocalists must compliment each other so that they "fit" together well.. I'm not so sure that this particular song and yourself are a good fit. Have you tried doing it in another key? I'm not criticizing you out of mean-spiritedness, I just don't think this is a song that fits your vocals. And don't feel alone about this because it happens to the best of us. There are a whole lot of songs that I'd love to sing, but unfortunately they don't fit with my voice. Nothing to be ashamed of. You just have to be smart enough to sing songs that go well with your voice. Good luck!

Two things i can hear which you are doing wrong are:
Forcing tone/forcing a "voice", and
Pushing your chest voice. This is bad for your voice, sound strained and can even damage your voice if you develop it into a bad habit. My best tip would be to learn about "mix" voice and practise that until you can hit higher notes more easily, even if they are soft. Then over time you will learn to create a more powerful mix voice that sounds like chest.

Very nice guitar work and tone. Vocals were pitchy and didn't flow very well with the music.

It's a very tough song to sing though man.
Especially timing wise

I'd rather comment on the delivery and guitar sound. First one's great, the second needs to be bigger. And then there's the distortion. Why don't you have a bass part? Can you hear the pitchiness of the vox? When you can, you can sing it better. :)

I liked the guitar sound. I also like your singing voice. Some nice guitar playing too.

There are quite a few pitchy spots in the vocal. Watch out for that.

I'm also hearing some distortion on the vocal on some of the louder notes.

Back