Cover of Heaven by Bryan Adams

79_Les_Paul

Hey everyone,

My band "Back In The Day" has put together a bunch of cover tunes for our promo and website, I just finished this song. Appreciate giving it a listen.

Attachments

• Heaven_mixdown 5-8-18.mp3
    6 MB · Views: 16
Very credible cover!

Just listened on cans on the laptop so would need to go upstairs to comment on overall EQ.

Seems like the vocals and maybe rhythm (?) guitar could come up a smidge, maybe a dB even on the vocal.

If this is "mastered" it's a little low in volume overall and I'd probably push it a couple/few dB.

Hmmm. First, it's a great song. Good choice.

However, the mix isn't really there. When the drums and guitars came in, I kind of cringed. The OH's and drums in general def need to be remixed. I'm fairly certain most of this mix is crammed down the C. The sides are so bare, it's hard to listen to. It doesn't translate to a stereo field very well.

The vocalist isn't bad, but there's lots of lines that would require retakes. Just bad attempts. "Now" at 0:31. "That" (s?) at 0:41, there is either a lisp there or a hard working de-esser. "Someone" at 1:27. And lots more. Like I said, he's not bad, there's a good tone, just bad takes. The keys and guitar player were very good, and good choices in matching up to the original sounds and tone, though I would've liked to hear a different tone-set and more original sounds for this cover.

Back