A couple acoustic songs

IronFlippy

Dedicated To My Member
I've just been recording my friend. Any input on the mix? I don't have a lot of equipment to work with, but I'm giving it a shot anyway.

http://ironflippy.dmusic.com/

Both songs under Roy's Music. He has a Fender acoustic, which is very boomy and difficult to record. And my room has pretty bad acoustic properties (dorm room). Tell me what you think. (Ignore the lyrics, he knows they're cheesey).

Hoedown???(defineatlly not the right song)let me try again
Trid the search for Roy's music and nothing came up
Sorry,I'll try again later :(

wow, i used to work for dmusic 6 or 7 years ago, back when they were partners with winamp and winamp had just gotten bought out by aol

bardo said:
Hoedown???(defineatlly not the right song)let me try again
Trid the search for Roy's music and nothing came up
Sorry,I'll try again later :(
It's in a section on that site I linked to, towards the bottom, below Vamo Alla Flamenco.

Yea, ignore that Hoedown cover. I was just fooling around with softsynths. It's Aaron Copeland's Hoedown from his Rodeo suite (well, a little part of it).

I love Fallen Snow...I love songs with this mood. It kinda makes me think of the college days of doing nothing, hanging out, with my girl, anyway, nice job

The vox were a little weak at times though. But the overall recording fits the song.

Nice sounds. Guitar seemed to come out well. Voice sounds pretty good. Doesn't seem like it will take much to polish these.

Nice job man....

Thanks everyone.

I hate being limited to only 2 mics and a terrible room (with loud computers). I can't wait until I'm a junior and can use my school's rooms and equipment.

I've always been able to get nice acoustic guitars out of my Audio-Technica ATM 31 SDC. He kept moving around so I couldn't get a consistent sound. Plus, he fingerpicks really quietly, so the gain is way up. I actually accidentally had the window open when tracking the guitar in "Get There Soon". Whoops!

Waiting....

I listened to Hoedown and the classical guitar though, fun stuff. :cool:

REAL SLOW downlo... here it is....

Sounds good. Words are good, nice and clear.

EDIT THE BEGINNING :D I can hear you counting! Get that outta there. Its a good tune, I would like to hear it built up as you go with some Keys or a band etc. Very nice.

DavidK said:
EDIT THE BEGINNING :D I can hear you counting! Get that outta there. Its a good tune, I would like to hear it built up as you go with some Keys or a band etc. Very nice.
Heh, yea, I always forget to edit the beginning out.

He wanted to add a violin instead of the lead guitar, but he contacted the violinist too late and she couldn't make it. We might add it in later.

Any comments on the actual mix/recording? I had a little trouble getting the lead guitar to sit well with the rhythm during the bridge/solo. It was a combination of the register it was played in and the fact it was the exact same setup (guitar, mic, pre) and I couldn't help that.

Back