Country song-Be forewarned!!!!!

Anfontan

Banned by eurt
Heres my first shot at a country tune-this is a rough mix-lyrics are definitely needing reworked in spots, etc......though the banjo bit seems to have turned out okay-if that is actually possible~ :eek:
So-have a listen and tear it up! :rolleyes:

Check it out on my soundclick link under Stone Krazy

Sounds pretty happy dappy. You didn't lose your dog. At least, didn't hear it.... :D

Jam at 1:30 is pretty cool.

Tony,

The banjo needs a bit more brightness to it IMO.

Hey! This is a fun tune.

Care to collabe on it?

You know the routine by now. ;)

You Send It......I ruin it! :p

Thanks for the listen and comments-I think it could slow down a bit after I've heard it a few times now-I'm sort of rushing it. Guess it comes from playing Bluegrass..LOL!
Yeah, Bubba its sort of a happy tune except the guy can't get the time of day from the lady. He's living in a dream world more or less-but you do have a good point there...
Randy, I did bring the banjo down to kind of match it to the rhythm guitar, and I wasn't using picks-just the clawhammer style.
I need to adjust it a little, slow it up a bit and rewrite some lyrics as well. But I would be up for some colaborating if you are interested. :D

Got a new mix of this one-old is still up for comparison. The new is listed as Stone Krazy-mix-2 for anyone interested out there~ :)

I like it, esp 2nd mix which is better
I reckon the chorus is beggin' for some big harmony vocals.
Maybe the lyrics in some places are a bit busy? its a bit like trying to squeeze a bit too much in where the tempo is already pretty fast.
Good stuff

I listened to the second mix. All of the instrument stuff is pretty good. What bothered me is the vocal timing. The vocal just doesn't seem to be in synch with the tempo of the instruments. Maybe that was intentional, I don't know. To me, it was... distracting. The voice is nice and clear. It's just the unusual timing that was... well, unusual.

Hey, thanks for the feedback-I need to do some editing in the lyrics department. Those chorus parts will need some harmonies-thats for sure. I also want to do the leads with a nice tube amp for a brighter tone, the simulator just doesn't sound like what I'm after. I'll keep trying-and thanks again! :)

Hey Tony, very cool, I love the pace of the tune!

I would like to hear more of the banjo in the mix! The intro guitar sounded great! :)

I loved the guitar solo, I reckon a few trade off licks between the guitar and banjo would be great! Just an idea!

Good stuff Tony! :)

Nice happy tune. But look out for sibilance in the vocals, especially if you want to rerecord them using a brighter pre, there are a few spots throughout the song, where the s-sounds become quite piercing.

Oh, yeah.... the vocals are much clearer in the remixed (2) version... :rolleyes:

Holy cow--this song must have been buried under dozens of pages Rokket, I forgot all about it. The last redo was the one titled Stone Krazy improved mix???? with the harmony vocals and dobro fills on the choruses. After I gave it a listen I realized I really need to get out the fingerpicks for the banjo, it just doesn't cut through enough frailing style.

Thanks a lot to all of you who gave it a listen today, I had never attempted a fast paced Country tune before, it was a test of some of the MSH condensor mics on the banjo and dobro as well as a 12 string that I had recently gotten too.

Back