Country -ish tune

Elton123

Recorded this and 10 others for a client over the weekend. This was one of my favorites.

Last edited:
That's really nice. I like the guitar tone. Singer has a classic country voice. I thought the backing vocals on the chorus were too subtle. Is that the same singer processed through a chorus effect? I was just just expecting something more vocal-wise in the chorus for this genre.

J

Wow, very much a 70's country sound. Shades of Glenn Campbell on a Jimmy Webb country tune.
The lyrics/story is cliche' laden/weighed down but them again that's even more 70's strum & twang isn't it?

This is "smooth" rather "country" despite the lyrical content. It doesn't sound country at all. Having said that, I can't find any complaint with the quality of the mix at all, it is very good... except that it would all make much more sense if it sounded like a country song.

"Good but confused" is probably a compliment?

Wow, very much a 70's country sound. Shades of Glenn Campbell on a Jimmy Webb country tune.
The lyrics/story is cliche' laden/weighed down but them again that's even more 70's strum & twang isn't it?

Yes!!! Exactly what they were going for. I love the harmonic structure. Major 7 chords, key changes, a major II chord in the chorus. Nice little bridge. Clever I think. Total 70's country a la Glenn Campbell.

This is "smooth" rather "country" despite the lyrical content. It doesn't sound country at all. Having said that, I can't find any complaint with the quality of the mix at all, it is very good... except that it would all make much more sense if it sounded like a country song.

"Good but confused" is probably a compliment?

Right on. I totally get it. But I like that it's different. I mean it has a fiddle and pedal steel in it. That makes it country right?!? Ha. Rest of the record is full of the classic twang stuff.

Back