Country-ish song

jmasek

I wrote the music for this in 1987 but didn't get around to recording it until this week. Ah well, nothing like procrastination. Maybe I'll re-do it one more time in 2031.

Any comments on the mix would be appreciated. I put all the harmonies into a single submixed and added some compression to that submix thinking it would produce a "smoother" sound.

I'd really like to find someone who plays pedal steel to add a part and replace the solo. It sort of calls for that sound.

Amarillo:
http://www.lightningmp3.com/live/file.php?id=17976

Song's not bad at all, but I find the voice a little lacking. Plenty of pitch problems. Mix sounds OK, though I would bring the drums forward a bit. Nice acoustics. I like the road-movie kind of style of the song though. You could try some bottleneck instead of a pedal-steel and give it a bluesy feel.

Joey :):)

Thanks for the listen and the comments. Electric bottleneck might be an interesting sound...

Oh yeah... I can't sing worth a damn. Probably should have warned you.

Hi jmasek,
Pretty good song, but there are some pitch problems (don't worry I can't sing either). I guess just practice, practice, & practice some more. The mix is pretty good to me, I do agree with Joey about the drums needing to be a tad louder, but no big deal. Some cool slide would sound really good on this. A pedal steel would make it too "country" to me, but that might be what you are going for. Good song!

Back