Could you comment on the mix please?

I listened on headphones and full system. It was a little bright on the headphones, not as bad on the full speaker. You could drop the higher end frequency some for the headphones and not take away from the full speakers sound. Bass was good, it wouldn't hurt to bring up the lower range some just to give it a little more bottom, but that really is more on the personal side.

I heard a few pitch issues in the main vocals, but it sounded intentional, not sure it worked. Overall, mix was good, couple of tweaks on high and low would make it better, but as it is now, not a bad mix.

I listened on headphones and full system. It was a little bright on the headphones, not as bad on the full speaker. You could drop the higher end frequency some for the headphones and not take away from the full speakers sound. Bass was good, it wouldn't hurt to bring up the lower range some just to give it a little more bottom, but that really is more on the personal side.

I heard a few pitch issues in the main vocals, but it sounded intentional, not sure it worked. Overall, mix was good, couple of tweaks on high and low would make it better, but as it is now, not a bad mix.

Thanks!

My mackies seems to make the mix too bright.. I will listen more closely in the headphones after resting my ears a bit. Not really sure how I keep the brightness in my speakers and drop them in the headphones though? Any tips? :)

I guess the vocals will be perfected if or when we go to a pro studio.

I agree with the previous. Very bright mix. I can hear the bass, but there's not much happening in the midrange apart from the vocals. It gives the backing tracks a canned sound. Pitch issues on the vocals. Lyrically, some of the rhymes seemed simplistic and obvious.

Thanks!

My mackies seems to make the mix too bright.. I will listen more closely in the headphones after resting my ears a bit. Not really sure how I keep the brightness in my speakers and drop them in the headphones though? Any tips? :)

I guess the vocals will be perfected if or when we go to a pro studio.

Yea, you have to balance. The brightness is more noticeable on my headphones, but it is there on the speakers, just not as bad. The goal of a mix is to get it to sound good on as many environments as possible. That is why everyone on the board talks about a neutral listening environment. Makes it easier to get a good balanced sound across all environments.

As stated, it was bright in my speakers, just less pronounced. Meaning, you can bring it down overall. I was just pointing out I listened on two environments, headphones and speakers.

I think the eq is covered already, the beginning weirds me out a little, sounds like the song is outside the speakers (a phasing trick?) it's kind of neat but maybe too distracting for me. The song is really well put together, seems like someone has a talent for production. A little pitchiness on the lead vocal, maybe you can disguise it a bit or do gentle correction.

so, on my work buds, I'm not hearing excess brightness. Usually, i can hear that well through these on mixes. Maybe it's fixed? It really did seem well balanced to me. I hear Muse - a lot. And that's a good thing. Great backing synth sounds and backing vox too...those were great. also, 3:20 was a great vocal line. and nice effect at the outro on the vox. the verses seemed to have more pitch issues than the rest of the tune. Nice work Peter, glad to hear your stuff again...though I'm not huge on the religious nature of the music, your melodies and production ideas are cool

I think the eq is covered already, the beginning weirds me out a little, sounds like the song is outside the speakers (a phasing trick?) it's kind of neat but maybe too distracting for me. The song is really well put together, seems like someone has a talent for production. A little pitchiness on the lead vocal, maybe you can disguise it a bit or do gentle correction.

Sorry for late reply. Didn't I'd get more comments. Thank you for your opinion and thoughts. =)

so, on my work buds, I'm not hearing excess brightness. Usually, i can hear that well through these on mixes. Maybe it's fixed? It really did seem well balanced to me. I hear Muse - a lot. And that's a good thing. Great backing synth sounds and backing vox too...those were great. also, 3:20 was a great vocal line. and nice effect at the outro on the vox. the verses seemed to have more pitch issues than the rest of the tune. Nice work Peter, glad to hear your stuff again...though I'm not huge on the religious nature of the music, your melodies and production ideas are cool

Thanks and nice to see you again. :) I haven't done any changes yet on the mix I posted, but I will do some adjustments.. I hear things not collaborating well together in the verse and some drum parts that sets me off. And ofcourse the lead vocals (pitch).

Thanks again!

Back