Convince me

Love the song....sounds a little like Dire Straights in spots. The vocal is so sweet. I love her tone. The tune is catchy man. The drum track wanders a little here and there but you really gave the song a lot of feel. Great instrument choices. Acoustic guitars are fantastic. Solo at the end rips. The tone is wonderful

In summary, I would say it really works. It could be made better with a perfect drum track but let me say that it stands on it's own as a good song. Well done.

Cell phone huh? I think the drift is not in the drums, but the rhythm guitar beat. But there is drift. You really got the voice to come out, little harsh, but considering the source, pretty damn good.

There are some EQ issues in the 3-5K area, just a tad here and there reduction wouldn't hurt it (very subtle, not an expert but a guess).

Overall nice job.

Cell phone huh? I think the drift is not in the drums, but the rhythm guitar beat. But there is drift. You really got the voice to come out, little harsh, but considering the source, pretty damn good.

There are some EQ issues in the 3-5K area, just a tad here and there reduction wouldn't hurt it (very subtle, not an expert but a guess).

Overall nice job.
Thanks,
First, I must rephrase my clumsy cell phone sentence. We have re tracked both vocal and acoustic guitar. I used her cell phone version just to learn the song.
And now the drums:
A big f***** problem. I spent whole afternoon trying to record simple bass line. The drummer was not consistent with his kick playing. But that was not my biggest problem.
The tempo went up and down so dramatically that I just gave up tracking of acoustics.
So I kept my latest tracks which, I know, don't follow the drums nicely.
It's not often I get real drum tracks and I was excited to mix this tune.
Now I see that this little tune could be really nice but we should probably start over from the scratch.

It sounds like you know what to do, and I agree you have the building blocks for a good song. I would also add that it gets a little repetitive and would stand up better if you concentrated on the strengths and cut about a minute off. 4:20 is stretching it a bit.

It sounds like you know what to do, and I agree you have the building blocks for a good song. I would also add that it gets a little repetitive and would stand up better if you concentrated on the strengths and cut about a minute off. 4:20 is stretching it a bit.

You're right,
The song was initially around 3:30 and then the other guitar player wanted to colaborate so we added his solo in the middle which resulted with yet another chorus repeat.

Thank you, Tobe!

Well constructed, I don't mind the extra minutes as the roll on.
What are you going to do about the drums? Give up or redo?

Nice song. I like the guitar playing in particular. Agreed that you're going to have to shitcan the drums if you're looking for something worthy of promoting commercially, or something to that effect. All the guys around here who come up with professional-sounding drums use click tracks, or so I've been told multiple times when I've asked them why they can drum on time and I can't.

Well constructed, I don't mind the extra minutes as the roll on.
What are you going to do about the drums? Give up or redo?

Hello Ray,
I doubt I’ll redo the drums. There are too many other and more important things to do right now.
We tracked drums for three songs that day. I forgot to take two headphone set that day so I wasn’t
able to monitor tracking in real time. I was visually taking care about microphones, gain and software.
I met the drummer that day for the first time. Right know I’m trying to “fix” the other set of drum tracks before I start tracking of Bass and guitars.
I was too excited about real drums that I forgot about how actually difficult it is.

Nice song. I like the guitar playing in particular. Agreed that you're going to have to shitcan the drums if you're looking for something worthy of promoting commercially, or something to that effect. All the guys around here who come up with professional-sounding drums use click tracks, or so I've been told multiple times when I've asked them why they can drum on time and I can't.

Thank you, NotThatBright!
We always use the click track but it's not so easy for inexperienced drummer to follow it.
I didn't take this project very seriously but now I see it could be turned to really nice pop tune.

Back