Colaboration anyone? Song 12: I Know You Will

BroKen_H

Re-member
Really need a guitar solo for this one. Have been able to do some fakery for my other tracks, but if anyone is interested????

I think the mix is close, but there's some odd mud I've not identified yet, and what-not. Need to spend some more time making the scape, too. Anyway, let me know what you think!

Here it is with solos.

Last edited:
I'm at work for another hour and then I'm going to listen to some clinic postings. I'll give it a listen and see if it'something I'm capable of doing justice on.

What did I get myself into... Jimi's got it, hands down. Great player, so I'll just send you mine for fun. :) I had a cool idea when I heard the solo section and wanted to share it with ya. About to sleep, but I'll try and track it in a few.

The song is practically all A minor. Should be fun noodling over the end of the song. Wish I could play. Chords are easy, notes fluster my poor fingers. Funny to me that I can play faster and better chops on my 5-string than I can on my guitars...maybe I should have made it a bass solo :laughings:

crap, have to hit the sack...won't be off again until thursday, but unlikely i'll get to music at all. most likely, the weekend.

Okay, both guys gave me absolutely wonderful solos. Couldn't decide which one to work with, so I doubled the length of the solo. Soon as they get back with me about permissions and points, I'll post the new take up. :D
Super stoked! Thank you both. Best birthday presents I've gotten in a long time.

Okay, here we go. First attempt at getting two completely different solo styles recorded in two completely different environments in two completely different ways to sound close. Added some artificial spring reverb to Taras' solo and a bit of stereo echo on Jimistone's. Let me know. I'll save apologies for if anyone doesn't like the way things came out. I'm beginning to not like Soundcloud. My vocals sound different, the cymbals have the swirly. It isn't doing the mix any favors...

Thanks for including my part, Broken. Much appreciated. Had the tune stuck in my head all week. I hear some differences here...particularly the kick, did you brighten it at all?

Taras: I pushed 600 (tight) up a bit and 1440 (a little looser, but still tight) to get closer to the sound I've got on Jimi's...other than that, it's just a spring reverb box. There was a really cool lick at 2:35 that I just had to bring out better, so I grabbed it and punched it...and of course everything's ducked off the vocals once they start back in. Past that, nothin'. Well, not to your solo. Tightened some vocals, pulled some of the mud out, lowered the solid feedback drone during the solos. I think that's all I've done to the mix.

Oh, yeah. I gave the kick an extra 2 dB and added some cymbals and pushed one of them up quite a bit as it wasn't coming through clearly.

Sounds great! When you first posted this I was half tempted to try it, but they both did awesome. Blends great, their sounds are slightly different but it totally works. Nice vocals too, very Ozzy-like, yet different. Nice work guys!

Thanks, Johnny! Compliments are always welcome. I added a bit of EQ to both and spring reverb to one/echo to the other, to get them to sound like they are in the same space. Vocals are 12-18 takes depending on where in the song you are, comped to death - sometimes word by word - and then cleaned up a bit in Melodyne...but, yeah they sound pretty good now...really happy with these two guys and what they accomplished for me. Very special.
I have a final mix that I'll post up ... well my next day off is Wed. I think...

I've got all my tracks done now and just in polish mode. I've got October 6 set as a release date. I'd like mastering on this project, but we'll see if I can afford it.

Back