Classic Rock Tune #2

Yeah cool garage rock sound. The intro guitar sounds like Helter Skelter.
Kind of reminds me of Jefferson Airplane with Helter Skelter guitar lines.

The mix balance is good. The guitar solo is a little low, drums could come up 1db (but maybe not b/c the cymbals are a bit washy already -- are they compressed?), and the reverb doesn't sound consistent. I'd lower the reverb to where you can't hear it yet when it's off you notice.

Yeah, you guys are on point. Thanks! The reverbs are now a little inconsistent. I have too much on the vocals and lead guitar - makes them sound separated. I will dial them back some.

Not sure what to do about washy cymbals. On my system they sound fine. I did not put any compression on them. Maybe this is a factor of the compression to MP3? I dunno. I have a lot of verb on them too. I may experiment with more clean cymbals (OHs) and less reverb bus cymbals.

I like it! I like it a lot. The lead tone is just a big shrill...I'd probably cut that somewhere around 1.5k just a smidge and maybe add a 12k shelf on the 2bus for a dB or two to bring out some air: Otherwise, I'd leave it pretty much alone.

My old worn out ears don't always serve me well but I do think that the bottom end (bass) needs to be the driving force. Overall.....it's a powerful high energy tune. I like that!

Not much critique from me on this one. I just wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed it...sounded pretty good on my speakers...particular #3, as I could hear everything. I'm a bass player, so I appreciated it that much more, since the first was lacking in my instrument's range :thumbs up:

Mix 3:

I'm hearing some midrange buildup at a couple of different places in the spectrum. One is at about 690Hz, mostly drums and guitars. Another is at about 2.7kHz, mostly vocals and drums.

The kick has no definition. It sounds like it's low-passed at 600Hz. It needs clarity, some kind of presence above 600Hz. I often boost something between 600 and 2k.

don't lose heart (at all)

DON'T listen to the weirdo who says this sounds amateurish he doesn't know what he's talking about. It's got a good solidity and mix 2 is the equivalent of a millennial remastering
of an older band

if anything it's a little too well produced and could do with a bit of seepage and texture (you can fake this by pointing a mic at the speaker and recording the song or a single part badly then add this background noise to the actually mix.

Back