Chubby Chaser - Yeah you got that right!

FoulPhil

My dear friend said make a surf rock song about picking up fat chicks at the mall. Here it is buddy! LOL.

FIRST MIX

2ND MIX USING MAGIC AB PLUGIN

Verse
JD's got his brains in his balls when he's looking for a fatty down at North Star Mall
He scopes out the food court, passes the gap, the plus size store is where his hearts at
Doesn't like em them skinny, doesn't like em tall, he wants a girl who's shaped like a wrecking ball
He only likes the girls who pack a lot of meat when the booty's too thick it's a special treat
On the first date he'll put you on a scale and if you don't weigh enough he'll say go to hell
If a girls too skinny, that's what he hates, he wants a girl who's got some food on her plate
Chorus
The pimp Darth Vader, now don't you be no hater, the bitch too skinny he say you see you later
The more the cushion the more the pushing - The fatter she is the more she's cooking
He bust out the cake and he bust out the cheddar and he scream out loud the fatter the better
Verse
You can find that chubby chaser at your local mall when that boy get horny he get blue balls
JD gets real funky when he bust a rhyme but if your trunk got no junk you ain't on his mind
You can fall in love, but he'll say HELL NO if that scales reads one fiddy or below
Chorus

Last edited:
You're a song-writing machine! How do you do it? I struggle to finish one every two or three weeks. I like it, man!

You're a song-writing machine! How do you do it? I struggle to finish one every two or three weeks. I like it, man!

Yo. I wrote it and recorded it today LOL. In 4 hours. I do a shit load of cheating and short cuts, but I just make sure the performance is energetic. I'm finding that when I have a song idea it's best for me to capture it in the moment than to rehearse it and over work it. I have some good songs that I'll never finish because in the moment I really had something going on. Then after beating a dead horse for months of trying to perfect the songs I just couldn't get that sound I got. It's like it sounded great and worked great in that moment and then I lost that magic or something to that effect. So, I think from now on when I have a song idea I'm just going to do it right then and not worry about it being perfect. Plus it's more fun not over thinking things.

Just a hair louder on vocals - those lyrics just gotta be heard!!!
Another treat man - love it - keep writing fast it's working out really well. :D

Yeah, the vox are a tiny bit too quiet in places. It's not consistent tho; there's just a few words that get buried. It might be more of a situation for compression (side-chain or otherwise).

The rhythm guitar also sounds really far forward, which doesn't sound that "surf rock" to me. I thought distant and reverby was more the style?

Yeah, the vox are a tiny bit too quiet in places. It's not consistent tho; there's just a few words that get buried. It might be more of a situation for compression (side-chain or otherwise).

The rhythm guitar also sounds really far forward, which doesn't sound that "surf rock" to me. I thought distant and reverby was more the style?

lol. Yeah. It's not 100% surf rock. It's not like an exact copy of that style. It's just got that flavor lol.

Sorry for the double post. Ok so I got this plug in called Magic AB that lets you access reference tracks in your DAW and compare them very quickly and easily to the music you're working. It's still a pain in the ass and still hard making mixing decisions. Obviously my stuff is coming out sounding nice and decently mixed, but just too dark. The minute you compare it to real releases and it's so obvious. Anyway you can compare the difference. Do you guys think it's better or worse? And do you think I need to try to get the drums brighter too? There's something weird sounding somewhere to me... lol

FIRST MIX

2ND MIX USING MAGIC AB PLUGIN

Last edited:
Back