[Chilling Progressive House] - "Science" - All thoughts on mix welcome

CookAndStans

Hi dear Mixers,
here is my newest song "Science"
All thoughts on mix welcome. Is it disturbing, that the kick isnt as clear while the main melody is playing? The melody just sounds cooler without sidechain and not so much lowcut.

Thanks for all your input,
Have a nice day :-)
Stans

Free Download at Soundcloud:

The mix sounds very upfront, and the bass is very solid. I would add reverb to the "claps" in the beginning of the song, it could really add some dimension. To be honest, the song sounds very "in your face." Add some reverbs or delays. Also, the song is one volume. For extra interest, add dynamic volume differences. But otherwise, it is a very good mix! :)

I would agree reverb is the main thing missing from this mix, but not by much. Hand claps, yes, would be better served, in my opinion, by deeper verb. Very good sounds and melodies, including underlying chord structure.

Hey thanks for all your comments :-)
Hm, thats the problem, somehow I'm not good at reverbs, so I somehow only use Delay and hope the missing reverbs are covered.(the leadsound has reverbs, but the rest not.)
Do you have some tipps on reverbs in this genre,
All the best,
Stans

It's all a matter of what the song requires. Reverb is more of what size room you want to sound like you are in. Some songs... or song parts, sound better with more verb and some sound better with only a little, or none. Delay is a totally different thing. I couldn't imagine mixing a lead guitar or vocal without some delay in it. Sometimes you just want to fatten the sound up a little, while other times you want something more like an echo. But a digital delay can do almost anything under the sun if it's set in certain ways.

Back