**Check out my mixtape!!**

statixx

wats going on im pretty new to the site and ive never really posted my material here.....id like some opinions on my mixs please...any suggestions or pointers are appriciated

vocal chain: ksm32/27>ua la 610> fast track usb> adobe audition 3> waves plugins

this is usually my itb method
waves rcomp or api> waves desser> 4 band paragraphic eq or rennissance 4 band eq or waves Veq 4 band> rvox

then i add effects usually bussing them i use waves doubler , trueverb and super tap-2 taps .

thanks for replies in advance

www.myspace.com/statixxthamc
www.soundclick.com/statixxthinkoutloudent

I'll get back with you as soon as I'm done bobbin my head ;) sounding good so far... Are these leased beats, or did you produce these?

Not my thing but it sounds good except for the bass sounds like it's clipping some. I know it's made to thump but I think it's a little to high for the mix. Good job.

Sounds good!

Hey these tracks sound good. That signal chain is sounding nice on your vocal. I'm a fan of the UA LA-610 myself. Nice west coast swaggard, performance is good, and the adlibs are nice and tight timing and sonically.

I do have some issues with the beats a bit though. Some of them are a bit bass heavy, and overall pretty dry. So if you can mix those, you might level, EQ, lightly compress, and add a touch of verb to some of the instruments. I can't comment much on the panning as I'm listening to this with my RP-21 headphones, and 100% deaf in one ear. So I'd have to playback on regular speakers in order to make suggestions in that department. It seems like everything is front and center though.

On "Make ya feel insignificant", the hook in the beginning can be turned up...

My favorite song is "I Luv Dis Game". I like the skit intro, and the reasonably tasteful use of pitch shifting.

Good work, keep goin!

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies....To answer ur questions...Naw I didnt make the instrumentals....There either leases or free download..However in the past few months I have been making my own instrumentals with fl 8 a 49 midi key a nano pad and some good ni vst instruments....Im still gettin the hang of it tho.....I actually took the last month off as a writer and emcee to focus soley on making beats...At the end of the day I consider myself to be a emcee....But in the circle of musicans I run with I am the producer/engineer too...So I dont really have anyone imidiately around me who also knowns the mixing side of things too.....Shit I wish I could be a mixing engineer emcee beat maker and mastering engineer all in one.....But a old very good producer once told me....You can be ok/good at them all but only great at one....Ill take being a emcee ...Its gratifing to hear from fellow engineers that I am headed the right direction and im actually glad you guys said you hear too much bass because it is clearly my fault and I kno how to correct it.....Being that the genre is hip hop I am forever parinoid that the finished product wont have that THUMP so I always boost the instrumental a decible or two around 120 with a parametic eq.....Ill stop doing that......Hope ill yeild better results....Thanks again for the quick replies.

Not my thing but it sounds good except for the bass sounds like it's clipping some. I know it's made to thump but I think it's a little to high for the mix. Good job.

This.
At least on "more"

It sounds like you've got some really cool stuff going on in the high end of the spectrum, but it's all drowned out by the huge bass drum.

"Make y'all feel..." Sounds like it has a much better balance.

Also, I'm a fan of the good enunciation. There's a lot of rap out there where you can't tell what anyone's saying, which to me defeats the purpose of a lyrically-driven genre.

Edit: "mraznraps" goes back to having too much bass drum, but at least it isn't clipping.

Hi...

I listened to "Northwest Native" and I thought it was awesome! The lyric is great, and that bit where you repeat 'ORGAN' is musical genius! Your on to something here...good job..keep it up bob

Far Away - TOO MUCH bass drum.
The hand claps need something.
Your main vocal is well captured.

I'm a rock dude and was imrpessed. My rap collection is limited but for the genra you are going for I thought it was good stuf (listened to 3 or 4 of the songs).

Back