Check this out

Saloje

Well i'm new in this one so please be gentle :)
I recorded vocal and tried to mix it with the music i had. I know it's not great and i would like to hear your opinion and sugestions on this.

Thx guys

Attachments

• Proba_003.mp3
    3.9 MB · Views: 23
Soloje,

In my humble opinion:

there's too much verb on the lovely singer's voice, I'd like to hear it a touch drier
sometimes the piano and backing instruments are too forward

Is this your mix (the instruments) you worked with or something else?

Besides all this - she has a lovely voice, I enjoyed this!

Timbo

You could use some EQ on the reverb and roll off the top end. Just tame the reverb a little, but I thought it was good use on this production. I like reverb on lush productions like this, seem to fit.

I am hearing some rumble on the vocals. You could drop the volume and make it closer to the music. The vocals could use some use some leveling, either edit the peaks or put some compression to push down those peaks.

Sounded like a pretty decent mix over all and a very good vocal.

You could use some EQ on the reverb and roll off the top end. Just tame the reverb a little, but I thought it was good use on this production. I like reverb on lush productions like this, seem to fit.

I am hearing some rumble on the vocals. You could drop the volume and make it closer to the music. The vocals could use some use some leveling, either edit the peaks or put some compression to push down those peaks.

Sounded like a pretty decent mix over all and a very good vocal.

I'm just starting and learning to, so it's great to have some feedback from you guys ( and girls :) )
That vocal is my wife btw :)

Thank you all for any feedback .

I didn't think the vocal was too bad. Lots of verb like people said, and some sibalent/harsh high end to it. And it sounded like a budget mic. But still a decent recording.

I would work with the singer on mic technique. The vocal level is all over the place. She needs to sing at a more consistent volume. There was a pitch problem here and there - just a couple.

Back