The Change / Warcry of the Lost - new VHS song with other voaclists

The thing I like about your jams is that they sound like they've been recorded on another planet. The mad keyboard running through the undergrowth is fantastic. The guitars have a lofi quality to them thats pretty cool. I'm not hearing a lot of kick but it doesn't seem to matter. Vocals are great, well delivered and the different parts keep it interesting. This is quite a nasty little jam, I like it

Wow..definitely different! Cool song...I like the variety..reminds me of a rock-opera style song.

I guess for me, I wish it had more bottom end. I would really like to feel that awesome groove you guys are playing and the it all just seems on the thin site. Putting the low end back into the bass and kick would get it grooving. The other thing is that, to me at least, the music is raw and dirty yet the vocals seem really clear and out there. They don't gel together very well. Again, my opinion. Cool song though and good job.

Which file do you want me to listen to?

Take your pick. The simplest is probably the mp3. But if you want to hear it without my faux-mastring, the bottom flac has that.

Wow..definitely different! Cool song...I like the variety..reminds me of a rock-opera style song.

I guess for me, I wish it had more bottom end. I would really like to feel that awesome groove you guys are playing and the it all just seems on the thin site. Putting the low end back into the bass and kick would get it grooving. The other thing is that, to me at least, the music is raw and dirty yet the vocals seem really clear and out there. They don't gel together very well. Again, my opinion. Cool song though and good job.

Good news! It is part of a rock opera.
Thanks for the feedback. I'll be taking another stab at getting those vox sitting better soon.

new mix
Adjusted some vocal EQs and levels.
Turned the guits up a bit and used less side-chain compression on them
Added more low-end to the bass.

Thanks! keep it coming!

I listened to mix 2.

The guitars sound cool. Not sure I love them. But it was an interesting sound. They're dominating the mix just a bit.

The keyboard is waaaay back in the mix. I'd sit it at about the same level as the vocals.

You could maybe nudge up the bass a bit.

I listened to mix 2.

The guitars sound cool. Not sure I love them. But it was an interesting sound. They're dominating the mix just a bit.

The keyboard is waaaay back in the mix. I'd sit it at about the same level as the vocals.

You could maybe nudge up the bass a bit.

Agree with all these suggestions. Very small amounts on each, tho.

Back