Change

I thought the singer had a good voice. Nice harmonies.

The first thing that stood out to me was that there were too many tracks all trying to be the center of attention. The synths/guitars/vocals are all trying to be "in your face." They all sound heavily compressed and very present.

I didn't care for the vocal treatment. Lots of weird verb/delay. I'd keep it more natural.

I'd back off the guitars and synths and maybe EQ out some of their upper-upper midrange (like 4K-6kHz).

Drums were kind of weak. The sounds weren't good, and they were all pushed to the back and to the left side. They ended up almost being a non-factor in the mix.

I'm probably being too critical - sorry. The mix wasn't as bad as I'm making it out to be.

Yep, all the elements, seems like they are tracked well. Mix is jumbled and not enough finesse with all of the other areas. Work with the other sounds to see if you can get them at the right levels, then you may want to take another look at the vocals, listen if they still sound they way you want them too.

Good stuff.

I totally agree with the others above and they've given some good advice. Everything just seems to be fighting for pole position in the mix. I'm sure it wasn't intentional for the hihats to be the loudest thing in the mix? They're really loud. Also sound like you've pushed the master a little too hard, either in the mix or in the aftermath of processing?

As Dave said, it does sound like you have a good set of tracks to work with though. I'd start again, get a solid rhythm track going, drums and bass (The most important part of any mix) and build the track from there.

Good song, I'd like to see what you do with this one. :thumbs up:

Decent tune, low end sounds muddy. Every thing sounds cramped up in the middle of the spectrum. I don't care for the verb on the vox. I like the guitar tone on the rhythm. Drums seem a bit buried.

Back