Catatonic Love mix critique/Fresh ears

packrobottom

New one that came quick thought I was finished with album. Any fresh ears for mix would be greatly appreciated. Was thinking of maybe adding talkbox during opening riff

Catatonic Love

He’ll come at you with a cold dead stare
Your Catatonic but he don’t care
morgan’s free and he’s getting clean
a deep down violation machine

Dead inside
you’re to blame
the Sun was shining
till you brought the rain
One more drink? erase the time
my black out love, forever mine

Bury my will
it died on the vine
one of these days I’m gonna
lose my mind
I'm all out of luck
I'm falling behind
One of these days You're gonna
change your mind

Come at me with a cold dead stare
you come at me but I don't care
I’m Walking tall and I'm feeling clean
but why’d you have to be so damn mean

Please don't leave
your all I’ve got
Endless fields of forget me nots
Do it quick
don't wanna think
cold dead stare she never blinked

Bury my will
it died on the vine
one of these days i’m gonna
lose my mind

Im all out of luck
falling behind
One of these days
You're gonna change your mind

Bury my will
it died on the vine
one of these days i’m gonna
lose my mind
Look what you have done

Last edited:
It sounds good and doesn't need anything else. What is that crackling sound I'm hearing right of center at several points in the song? For example, 0:37. You might have a plugin clipping. Anyway it's not pretty.

Thanks Robus! That’s keyboard. It’s not clipping just a buzzy bee like response to the keyboard sound before it. What are u listening on?

Last edited:
Ahh well it’s definitely an unusual sound but it’s not clipping. Maybe it needs to go gonna ponder it for a bit. Edit Removed it.

Last edited:
Is... is this about r*pe? o_O

That being said, it's pretty catchy.

Is this already mastered? It felt loud, but I'm not sure if that's the file or Firefox's playback. Once I adjusted volume down to match my normal listening levels, everything sounded pretty balanced. Maybe the snare is a touch dark, but it's not so bad.

I might edit off that last guitar note. It mostly sounds you missed the ending.

Steve thx yes it’s mastered/mixed that’s the way I work with plugins on the 2 bus. Yes It is about a real life guy that took advantage of intoxicated women. The last guitar note didn’t sound intentional to you l? It was meant to be a bit quirky (the last word) kinda thing maybe it didn’t translate

Good call on removing that sound. No point in giving your listener a reason to click the x in the upper right hand corner.

Nice tune man. I think its sounds pretty good. I second the dark snare..could use a small notch mid-high for some air, but its all taste anyway. Great job

Good call on removing that sound. No point in giving your listener a reason to click the x in the upper right hand corner.

yah thx for the suggestion I agree song doesn't miss it. I have no problem jettisoning stuff

Last edited:
Hey man,

I think it sounds great, super clear & great balance. I think maybe the guitar in the second half of the first verse fades more than I'd like (I wanna hear those thirds!). Sick bass especially.

wow excellent... but ,i would like to hear more bottom driving the song.. kinda like the ending. Crisp , fresh mix there.

I think it sounds terrific. Great performances too. Not much to nit pick about so I'll just say I really enjoyed the listen.
Great work!

Back