Caress

In short, I like this song. I like your panning decisions - starting with wide-panned synth arpeggios, mid-panned percussion, floating piano off to the left, etc. I also like your EQ decisions - a nice mix of sharp and dull instrument sounds. Your arrangement had enough changes to keep me interested, and enough repetition to put me into a pleasant trance, and evolved from simple and orderly to more complex and chaotic as the song progresses. I can't really find anything to criticize, other than the fact that it would have been helpful if you had written a few words explaining why you posted the song and what kind of feedback you are looking for!

I like the song, it kept my interest to the end. I like how the song builds with the the added tension before it resolves at the end. Good mix all in all, able to hear different parts clearly. The only criticism I have is a subjective one and why I think I'm usually not drawn to sequenced music. The rhythms, melodies and harmonies are all too predictable after listening to the first few moments. The beautiful piano melody didn't seem to vary a bit from beginning to end. As if it were cut and paste. Keep in mind this opinion is coming from a man with many flaws and maybe you're chops are just rock solid. I believe you did inspire a song that I started on day before yesterday and pretty much finished last night. Thought you should know and thanks for sharing.
Paul

Thanks guys, I always like people sharing their opinions. It helps me a lot, really. That's what make me trying harder each time.

DP75

Except for the percussive parts,I thought the sounds were all fine. The midi/percussive parts didn't have much punch to them. They didn't really drive the rhythm like they should.

The song didn't really seem to go anywhere. It kind of sounded like a bunch of noodling and playing around with sounds.

TripleM: I wanted the percussive parts to be in line with the music, not on top of it, nor driving it. It's a "caress".
Thanks for your thoughts.

DP75

Back