Can you give a feedback to this mix?

good lead vocals, the harmonies and backing vocals need to be tamed somehow. are they compressed at all? i'd add some chorus to them and some verb to push them back a little. they pop out too much when i'm expecting them to "blend". i'm not experienced with mixing or mic'ing acoustics, but it seems like it could use a little shine. could be the strings or guitar itself. someone with acoustic experience will chime in, i'm sure

Pretty good tune you have. I agree on the background vox. They need to be farther back. One trick I use sometimes to get them out of the way of the lead is to clone the background vocal track so you have two of the exact same. track Pan each one hard left and right. Then zoom WAY in to one of the tracks and bump it forward slightly(like a mil second). Adjust volume as needed. Its an easy way to do it instead of fighting to find the right reverb settings.

Pretty good tune you have. I agree on the background vox. They need to be farther back. One trick I use sometimes to get them out of the way of the lead is to clone the background vocal track so you have two of the exact same. track Pan each one hard left and right. Then zoom WAY in to one of the tracks and bump it forward slightly(like a mil second). Adjust volume as needed. Its an easy way to do it instead of fighting to find the right reverb settings.

i do this too. instead of moving one forward, i extend the delay time of the chorus on one. so, the L harmvox will have a 3ms delay and the R will have a 7ms delay. or whatever, however it sounds best.

i do this too. instead of moving one forward, i extend the delay time of the chorus on one. so, the L harmvox will have a 3ms delay and the R will have a 7ms delay. or whatever, however it sounds best.
Exactly, you can adjust to taste. Its a cool little trick.

I like the song. Never heard it before. Seems like a good cover. I can't understand the lyrics at all, is that how it's supposed to be? I actually liked the harmony vocals louder like you have them. It reinforces the lofi vibe of the cover. Good lead vocal. The guitar playing was far from perfect but had energy.

you got the voice ill give you back. the harmony vocals don't sound that great, you should eq them. and maybe add some type of effect on the main vocals, a lil reverb or something. good start though.

I liked the vocals, but what striked me was the acoustic guitar. It sounds REALLY good to my ears. How did you place your mic or mics?

I also liked the loud backups - just personal taste. A little softer would be fine. I always do two takes of backups and compress them pretty hard, the pan just a bit LR to surround the lead. The performance is really good and the mix for me was good. Yeah the guitar does sound nice here too.

Hey guys! Thanks for the feedback and for the kind words! I will follow your tips about the background vocals.

For some asking, I used an Alvarez Parlor Guitar (All mahogany) mic'd by an AT2020 aimed on the 12 fret. I'm also using a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 as my audio interface.

Keep the feedback coming guys! :)

Great performance. I think I'd bring the lead vocal up just a bit so it sits at top, it kind of outweighs the other parts for me in this kind of tune. Everybody covered the background vox, I think a little compression on the lead vox and guitar wouldn't hurt.

Back