Can I get some ears on my guitar demo's mix?

Not bad.
Personally the guitar tone is not one I like.
The mix seems pretty solid.

I'm with ray on this one. Don't fancy the guitar tone much. I found it rather fatiguing after about 40 seconds. I think you could tone it down a bit and have something a bit more tasty.

Rest of the mix sounded OK. Couldn't really get past the guitar though.

Sounds pretty good. I'm not a huge fan of the drums, although you are mainly concerned about the guitar for this kind of demo, and it sounds ok. You have to like that really bright metal tone, which isn't everyone's taste. hard to tell if it's an EQ thing or simply the pedal itself. What's your mic placement on the amp like?

Thanks for checking it out. I hear what you are saying about the guitar tone being a bit over the top. I hear the brightness.

The mic placement is one inch off the speaker grill pointed right where the cone meets the dust cap. Maybe taking it back a half inch or so could help.

To my ears the drums sound dry and there isn't enough separation between the guitar and bass. I don't want to gut the guitar tone but I think rolling off more of the low frequencies could help with that? They are rolled off starting at 134 hz on this.

Nice playing. Kind of neat to show all the signal paths, amp settings, etc. Good instrumental tune.

It's not really my thing, and I do think it could get a bit fatiguing as mentioned above, but the tone sounds genre-appropriate.

Back