Broon Smack

cheers Rob

if you and Steve both hear something wrong with the kick Ill revisit it as I trust your ears over mine...it was pushed very hard

Im going to only make downtempo tracks for the time being...its more suited to the new calm keith lol

Last edited:
On a full system, the bass really kicks, bounces the room and in a good way. Composition is really good as everything keeps moving and just when it repeats too much, you switch it up. Nice touch knowing when to walk away from a riff. I can't see the time on my browser from SC, but about 3/4 the way through it there is a click with the kick, wasn't a fan.

Those vocals at the end you could have used some of that up front as well. That really was a nice add. So much so, maybe think of putting in a few of that as a couple of fillers random;y through out the song. That really worked well.

That is all I have.

I'm so glad I dropped by tonight. Glad to hear some of your stuff, Keith! It's been too long, man. So, it's late - so critiquing ... well... I thought it was really good. I listened on AKG 701's as well as my studio monitors. Bass was nice and heavy through the monitors (with a sub), and the headphone mix was quite nice as well.

I really liked the tape vibe. It pretty much set the tone for the whole song. Very uneven and warbly, but welcome too. I enjoyed the whole thing and even went for a second listen. Good stuff. I hope life is treating you well, my friend.

Impressive for sure man. Well done!

cheers jimmy :)

On a full system, the bass really kicks, bounces the room and in a good way. Composition is really good as everything keeps moving and just when it repeats too much, you switch it up. Nice touch knowing when to walk away from a riff. I can't see the time on my browser from SC, but about 3/4 the way through it there is a click with the kick, wasn't a fan.

Those vocals at the end you could have used some of that up front as well. That really was a nice add. So much so, maybe think of putting in a few of that as a couple of fillers random;y through out the song. That really worked well.

That is all I have.

I wasnt going to put any samples in...its part of a Kennedy speech that I used for the little vocal glitches. Its just a great phrase "we choose to go to the moon", "Broon Smack" is Heroin....Im sure the moon isnt far enough!

Im going to fix the kick with a retrack or a HPF...I think its officially clicky now :D

Thanks for listening man

I'm so glad I dropped by tonight. Glad to hear some of your stuff, Keith! It's been too long, man. So, it's late - so critiquing ... well... I thought it was really good. I listened on AKG 701's as well as my studio monitors. Bass was nice and heavy through the monitors (with a sub), and the headphone mix was quite nice as well.

I really liked the tape vibe. It pretty much set the tone for the whole song. Very uneven and warbly, but welcome too. I enjoyed the whole thing and even went for a second listen. Good stuff. I hope life is treating you well, my friend.

Man I wondered where you were! Thanks for giving my track a listen...I like the tape thing as well...I might buy a reel to reel as well to degrade some stuff as well. Its just something to do to keep the hobby interesting, thats why Ive moved to hardware. Nothing against software but theres a commitment and challenge to tracking hardware that makes it fun too.

Lifes great...since I probably last spoke to you Ive had two kids lol. It doesnt leave much free time. Im one of the 4% stay at home dads in the US, its much tougher than any job Ive had (especially at 48)...but Im really enjoying it. :)

hope youre well bud.

I don't have much to add. I can't say if anything is "bad" or "wrong" because this is not my forte and these are unnatural sounds that naturally sound unnatural. So if something is too clicky or too fizzy, that's only for you to decide.

I do like the more vintage 80s feel and sound to it. It does lack some of the superhuman deep clarity of your earlier stuff, but in a good way. Sounded fine to me as-is. Great work as always. You've got the touch for this stuff, you could do it on laptop speakers if you wanted to.

Thanks a lot Greg

this threads got me nostalgic...all I need is heatmeister to make it like four years ago. beer, wrapping christmas presents (one side only now the beers kicked in) a longing for the eighties...a decade I always hated lol

merry christmas guys...tomorrow at least one of my two kids is finally old enough to piss their pants at the outrageous amount of toys (above their age and likely dangerous) Ive bought them :)

Damn creative! Sometimes I wish I still had a SC account so I could follow stuff like this.. Dig the style man. Perhaps a bit too creative for the mainstream broadcast you know, but a truly interesting listening experience. And I'm preeeeetty sure that this was what you were aiming for.

Damn creative! Sometimes I wish I still had a SC account so I could follow stuff like this.. Dig the style man. Perhaps a bit too creative for the mainstream broadcast you know, but a truly interesting listening experience. And I'm preeeeetty sure that this was what you were aiming for.

thank you very much...its a bit more interesting to make than my usual stuff. I really enjoy making this type music.

Interesting stuff. I like it. Mix sounds good through my Grado sr 80s. Nice gritty sound.

thanks for listening MB.

Seems I need to be more active in here...been dealing with sick kids for the past week/month/year

I thought this was good. Levels on everything are good. Lot's of stuff going on to keep up listener interest.

The bass might be just a bit loud when it comes in later on.

The start was pretty abrupt.

That's about it. Nothing much to complain about.

The intro reminds me, a little, of some quite early Art of Noise.
Still enjoyable a week later!

I thought this was good. Levels on everything are good. Lot's of stuff going on to keep up listener interest.

The bass might be just a bit loud when it comes in later on.

The start was pretty abrupt.

That's about it. Nothing much to complain about.

The start was filtered in on the original tracking but I forgot to automate it when I bounced the stems for mixing...blasts straight in now, I should fix it but Im a bit lazy lol

Thanks for listening...if I ever do something with this Ill definitely adjust some of the levels and fix the start

The intro reminds me, a little, of some quite early Art of Noise.
Still enjoyable a week later!

Cheers ray, most of my songs have a two week lifespan, then i can use the virtual tape to record something else :D

Back