Boulevard of Broken Dreams

tomanderson1991

Well I'm current half way through my holiday from work and I thought why not try and actually record something that isn't just testing my new stuff out and I thought that Boulevard of Broken Dreams by Green day would be a pretty good start.

I haven't recorded vocals cause I can't sing at all, I don't have a bass guitar which is why there is no bass but I plan on buying one shortly, and same reason for drums I can't play drums and I don't have a kit to get anyone to play for me.

I think I've done okay for my first 'full' song/cover I know the ending isn't the best but let me know what you think.

Boulevard of Broken Dreams (cover) by tomanderson1991 on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Also if anyone who does play the drums would like to help me out with the drums to go along side it, that would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Nice overall sounds you're getting in the mix here but without vocals,bass and drums this is lacking 75% of the song. This the reason for fewer responses. Work more on your tremolo speed it's not quite right. You have to have a click track to go along with any song for a drummer to work with - otherwise there's a danger of the timing being inconsistent. You do have one of those - yes?

A Click track ? Yeah I have one in Cubase. And Yeah I know the song is lacking due to no bass, drums and vocals I tried the vocals myself but as I said I really can't sing I mean it's not too bad but not good enough to be recorded, as for drums if I had the room I would get a cheap'ish kit and learn. I'm getting a bass guitar soon seen as it doesn't really take up room and won't be too difficult for me to learn. Thank you for the feedback.

Back