Blues Rock song

genzm

Hey,

I'm fairly new to the music production scene. I've been interessted for a while and am starting to experiment.
While I understand most of the theory (what effect/control does what), I find it hard to hear what a track/mix really needs.

As an exercise I'm working on a Blues Rock song. So far I only have a chorus, but I would be interessted in some feedback on this already.
I can post updates as I continue on this project.

Thanks for the help!

View attachment blues_rock_v1.mp3

There's not much there. Good energy on what I heard.

The cymbals are very swishy. That might have been caused by the mp3 conversion - I don't know. But they were very swishy.

I thought the bass was pretty far back in the mix.

The rhythm guitars kind of got lost in the mix. There is probably a bit too much gain on them. And they're lacking a little bite - they're a bit muffled.

The guitar riff sounded pretty cool to me. But it and the rhythm guitars sound similar and occupy the same frequency range. So they kind of get mixed together and they're difficult to distinguish from one another.

Thanks for the reply. I'll definitely have another look at my guitar tones.

As for the cymbals: I'm not entirely sure what you mean by 'swishy'. Could you explain it a little bit?
I'm using MT power drum kit 2 so I can't do much about the base sound. Perhaps I can do something about it in post processing?

The rhythm parts all sound pretty far back in the mix. I do not use mt drum kit but I do use exdrummer and you can adjust each piece of the drum kit. MT prolly can do the same.

Back