Bluegrass Instrumental

Sounded good on a quick listen in some phones on my laptop.

Seemed like the percussion was moving around? And, you could trim a second or more of nothing off the front.

Sounded good on my PC with phones, too. The only percussion I heard was a brush on snare (?) and that seemed to drift in and out a bit level-wise (discounting the unplayed sections). Around the :19 mark the snare seemed to shift more to the right.

Thank you all. Yes, the percussion is a brush on snare. I panned it somewhat to the right for the duration of the song. However, I think when I recorded the bass, there was some track bleed, which may explain why it may shift around...although I honestly can't hear it here. The solution is probably to recut the bass.

Thank you all. Yes, the percussion is a brush on snare. I panned it somewhat to the right for the duration of the song. However, I think when I recorded the bass, there was some track bleed, which may explain why it may shift around...although I honestly can't hear it here. The solution is probably to recut the bass.
It's when the dobro takes over around :22-:30 it seems to move to the center and then back (kind of contrary to what [MENTION=174503]spantini[/MENTION] hears!). Maybe it's just masking...

Maybe if I panned the dobro and snare away from each other...probably a good idea to give them their own spaces, anyway.
If they were recorded separately it might help, but if it's bleed, you might try flipping the dobro's track's phase, or maybe just sliding it a smidge, in case it's a phase cancelation thing. It's pretty stark in the headphones, at least to me.

Great job! Personally I'd like to hear a tad more highs on the Dobro...it sounds a smidge muted and i like a sharper cut through. Excellent picking!
Buckeyeslide

Back