Blame it on the whiskey

Awesome song! Exceptional vocal talent! Your mix has some great things going on; just a couple of standouts: the organ sits nicely in the mix and the cymbals are controlled quite well.

Playing it over and over... :)

---

To remove the background noise at the beginning of the song you can use Reaper's ReaFir plugin (free)... get it here:

REAPER | ReaPlugs

You can download all of the plugins that come stock with the Reaper DAW for free. They work with any DAW and are fully functional with no expiration date or restrictions of any kind. The ReaFir plugin works incredibly well.

Here's a tutorial video that shows how to do it: Removing Background Noise in REAPER (ReaFIR) - YouTube

I've uploaded a short clip of what the intro of your tune would sound like with the noise removed...

Attachments

• BIOTW.mp3
    195.7 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
I like the singer's voice.

I thought the main rhythm guitar was a little scratchy.

I liked the bass sound. But it's getting covered by the kick. The kick is very loud and a little woofy. The snare sounds over-compressed. The rest of the drums sound very good.

The harmony is a little harsh.

The lead guitar solo could be turned down a couple of dbs.

It sounds good. The vocal sounds in a "different space" than the guitars, and it has an amp sim type sound to it.
There's a little mud in the low end, sounds like the bass. I think notching some out would open things up. It's a good home recorded mix, tho.

I agree, a little notching with the bass to remove some mud and separate it from the kick. I also thought the overall mix was a little dark, so maybe a small broad boost in the 4k-8k range. Or not.

Good song. Nice energy to it and the arrangements, fills, performance, are all top shelf stuff. The title catches the attention. I remember seeing this the other day and thought I had to listen to it. Not disappointed. Good tune to listen to on the day Gregg Allman passed.

Thanks for sharing.

Back