Black Mirrors - alternative

Sorry bro, a little late to the party on this one, although me and the wife listened to it on the laptop speakers a few weeks ago and both liked it. Meant to check it out on my good phones soon after, but just now getting to it.

Anyways, sounds absolutely killer, one of my all-time favs of yours. Inspiring. No nits.

Awesome background vocals, killer job on those. I did notice the very last word of some of the chorus lines has a 2nd interval harmony, which can sometimes be tricky, as it creates a weird dissonance, but it seems to work here.

Very cool tasteful drum ending. Unique and cool.

Nothing stood out, didn't read any of the comments 'cuz I wanted a fresh perspective and didn't want to "listen" for something, if you get my drift.

Catchy, simple (in a good way), and memorable, awesome job. Great writing, love it.

Sorry bro, a little late to the party on this one, although me and the wife listened to it on the laptop speakers a few weeks ago and both liked it. Meant to check it out on my good phones soon after, but just now getting to it.

Anyways, sounds absolutely killer, one of my all-time favs of yours. Inspiring. No nits.
Catchy, simple (in a good way), and memorable, awesome job. Great writing, love it.

Cool man, thanks! I had to listen again since I' haven't heard it in a few weeks... there's some things I would change now, for sure. Ha. Endless tweaking. I think the OH's are too loud and the snare is too aggressive...unless I'm listening to an earlier mix, since I just opened my song file folder and played one of the final mixes. Anyhow, thanks Johnny, appreciate the listen.

It's possible to adjust this, adjust that, but in the end, most are adjustments of musical taste, rather than dealing with fundamental recording issues. I really enjoyed the song.

It's possible to adjust this, adjust that, but in the end, most are adjustments of musical taste, rather than dealing with fundamental recording issues. I really enjoyed the song.

Thanks Gecko. I'm definitely more interested in fundamental recording issues... if things aren't EQ'd properly, harshness, poor compression, etc... Thanks for the listen and comment.

Back