Bad Dreams

Bulls Hit

You know those nights where you get to sleep OK, then you start having these stupid dreams that go round and round and won't go away..

I've tried to keep this mix simple, very little processing other than hi passing the guitars and bass to keep the mud at bay. How does it sound at your end?

Last edited:
This is definitely your cleanest mix in some time, especially at the beginning.

I might take the bass down a touch during the more minimalist parts.

As usual i like your drum sounds-the snare is really popping, maybe a little light on the kick drum. There's a sound in the 1:35 section that's distorting in an unpleasant way to my ears, its like a crackling more than a distortion, seems like that could have been done with a cleaner sound..it almost sounds like a malfunctioning amp as it is...But that is just opinion i believe you know what you are doing and what you are going for. Overall the tune sounds like you! Not saying you're a nightmare but i recognize your sounds and i like the non standard ideas.

The bass is very warbly/tubby. Kick is barely audible, and lots of the guitars are louder than they should be, in my opinion. Would be fun to play though.

I think you want "chaos" with your tracks and mix. That's cool and all, but it should be more of a "controlled chaos", where things still work together mix-wise, but give the impression of being wild. If that makes sense.

Synth stuff on the edges was cool. Interesting stuff.

The bass is very strong. I didn't think it was as bad as andrushkiwt did. But it was pretty strong and tubby.

Lots of low-end stuff going on here. Tubbiness has been mentioned, and I agree. It's a bit over-powering. Overall, it sounds good. Chaotic and a bit messy, but good.

As usual i like your drum sounds-the snare is really popping, maybe a little light on the kick drum. There's a sound in the 1:35 section that's distorting in an unpleasant way to my ears, its like a crackling more than a distortion, seems like that could have been done with a cleaner sound..it almost sounds like a malfunctioning amp as it is...But that is just opinion i believe you know what you are doing and what you are going for. Overall the tune sounds like you! Not saying you're a nightmare but i recognize your sounds and i like the non standard ideas.

Yep it was light on the kick, I've hopefully corrected that now. That unpleasant noise, yep it is unpleasant and no it's not on purpose. Something happened during recording and I'm never going to get that delay dialled in again so I'm stuck with it. Thanks for the feedback Strat

The bass is very warbly/tubby. Kick is barely audible, and lots of the guitars are louder than they should be, in my opinion. Would be fun to play though.

I think you want "chaos" with your tracks and mix. That's cool and all, but it should be more of a "controlled chaos", where things still work together mix-wise, but give the impression of being wild. If that makes sense.

Yep bass and kick have been tweaked. I always liked gigging in small sweaty pubs in the old days and that's what I'm going for - the sense of excitement and energy and that live in your face sound when you're up near the PA. So yes controlled chaos is a good way to describe it - basically the opposite of clean and quantised. However I still got a ways to go. Thanks for the ears

Synth stuff on the edges was cool. Interesting stuff.

The bass is very strong. I didn't think it was as bad as andrushkiwt did. But it was pretty strong and tubby.

Bass has been put on a diet so should be a little slimmer now. Thanks for checking it Trip

Back