Bad day blues? (not blues)

IanW-UK

I made this up a while back when I was having a bad day (very) LOL Anyone wanna do some vox on it? I know it's a bit shite but I thought, hey why not. :p It's completely the opposite of the type of stuff I normally do.

Ian.........

The guitar reminds me of Kashmir =P

It sounds pretty cool, I like the riff.
The mixing is pretty good, it just sounds a little low fi, but I doubt you can really do anything about that.

Sounds cool to me man. I have tomorrow off from work. I just recorded a vocal melody (onto a mini-recorder) that I think should make for a decent verse, if I don't get lured into something else.

Yeah, it's definitely got that Kashmir feel to it. But that's not necessarily a bad thing. I'm gonna see if I can come up with something, even if others get to it first. Good tune so far.

Cheers,
Tom

Kashmir..........

I couldn't think of the name but YEAH...................

It might be a good idea, have to wait for the rest I think...
Good Luck with that.

Sweet...

Ian, I was feelin' your mood--and the song. Can't wait to hear what people do with that.

Kashmir reference? (Kasmir? spelling? song/country--probably different? I don't know. Must stop.) Agreed. Led Zepplin? Sorry so stupid. Sounds real nice. Speak like caveman. ;)

Wish my voice could sound remotely angry/gritty, or I'd try too.

-Kirstin

kgirl72 said:

Agreed. Led Zepplin? Sorry so stupid.

In my opinion the guitar tone, and the style of the guitar does sound like the rhythm guitar in Kashmir. And I wasn't the only one who thought so. It's not anything bad, I'm just saying it sounds like it. I'm sorry I do not have the same opinion as you........

No, I'm not doubting the opinion...I know exactly the sound you are referring to...I just didn't know if that was a band, or a song for sure. That's why I'm stupid. I thought it was a song by Led Zepplin, but then I thought, hell, I don't know, that could be a band...oh, God, I feel ridiculous. :p

I agree on that guitar tone, is what I'm saying. I know the sound you hear. I just don't know whose it is.

-Kirstin

Wicked, deep groove. I like wicked, deep grooves. THey make me feel wicked and deep.

I don't think I have the vocal skills to do justice to this. It rawks!

This needs Chris Cornell pipes, IMO. Do you think he comes here?

I glanced at the posts and saw some Zep references. Other than a sort of peripheral similarity in the beat and chord progression, I think it's plenty original and not at all derivative. Not sure if that was the objection or not... like I said, I just glanced.

I'd LOVE to do vocals to this. This is right up my alley. I just wish I had the pipes. Can't wait to hear what someone with some talent can do with it.

I hope you have more bad days, 'cause this is a REAL nice by-product! j/k

Got anything else?

Piltdown Man

Huge mix... love the synergy between bass <--> kick drum... LOVE the sound of the beater on the kick... that kicks my ass... WOW. Awesome bass tone.

Spies... Dr. No... B-52's.. and a dash of Kashmir. Very cool jam...
always look forward to your stuff.

Chad

Sounded familiar to me too. And I know why....you posted it before. In a simpler form. This sounds better. I liked what you added. Sounding good.

This has Kashmir smeared all over it. I love this kind of thing. Sounds like a little Dave Gilmour in there too. So simple and effective. Killer guitars, dynamics it's got everything. Vocals would spoil it

Yeah, the Kashmir thing is there for sure, but I think once a vocal melody drops down on top of this that may all but dissapear.

This sounds really good to me. That is the best and most appropriate kick sound I have heard in a while. Nice. The bass is also perfect. Man this is nice.

The guitars are very cool as well. Liked the interation there as well. Nice dirt combined with the clean sound.

Can't wait to hear vox on top of this. Tom, aren't you done yet? Did you go fishing instead? :)

Nice work!

Yeah, the Kashmir thing is there for sure, but I think once a vocal melody drops down on top of this that may all but dissapear.

Skids, I agree with this comment explicitly.
_kirstin

Thanks for the comments all :) Is anyone up for vocals then? Tom, are you giving em a go?

I'm quite suprised about the comments on the bass guitar cos I thought it was crap :p but on further listening it's just the playing that's crap LOL I have to agree about the drums though :D They are from www.drumdrops.com and sound awesome to me. I ordered one of their cds and the guy sent me another one free!!

very cool start.. drums sound great in the quiet parts.. I thought there were some sour bass notes though.. either out of tune or wrong notes.. not sure.. doesn't look like anyone mentioned it, but it totally sticks out to me..

Thanks erichenryus :)

B.SABBATH, tis true. I played the bass with the E tuned down to D and I play quite hard so it goes out of tune like you say. I'm not very consistant as a bassist :p

B.SABBATH said:
very cool start.. drums sound great in the quiet parts.. I thought there were some sour bass notes though.. either out of tune or wrong notes.. not sure.. doesn't look like anyone mentioned it, but it totally sticks out to me..

I was going to mention it too but, because nobody else wanted to touch on that issue, I figured it was best not to kick up any dust.

Also, because no one but B Sabbath mentioned it, I was beginning to believe that it was an intensional de-tuning!:eek:

I did like the song though and can't wait to hear it with some screamin' vocals!

Cheers! :)

Back