The backside of MY "Abbey Road" equivalent ...

K-dub

This is the last suite of songs off of "Unfit for Consumption" -- a collection of my prog rock leaning pieces. Just throwing it out there for anyone who likes that type of music. I'm back in the studio w/ the new band working up a bunch of stuff I'll post up here when we finish tracking.

This is the last suite of songs off of "Unfit for Consumption" -- a collection of my prog rock leaning pieces. Just throwing it out there for anyone who likes that type of music. I'm back in the studio w/ the new band working up a bunch of stuff I'll post up here when we finish tracking.

I listened to this on the way to work this morning...didn't get a chance to post a review. I enjoyed it. really tight and well recorded. great material too.
nice job!

I listened to this on the way to work this morning...didn't get a chance to post a review. I enjoyed it. really tight and well recorded. great material too.
nice job!

Did it play through all 3, J? I wondered if it would.

Writers get inspired by different things, and we then interpret accordingly. As a fan of the writing that occurred on the backside of Abbey Road, I took my own approach on that and crafted this assemblage.

As a curious quirk of recording and history, the first part of "American Dream Trilogy" came to me in a dream. I got out of bed and ran up to the studio to record it. The passage, at that point, was called: "It's a shame" ... and in my dream, it came to me through a bakelite tabletop radio on a bed stand sung by an 80's girl band. I posted the piece here on HR as the first passage.

Comments led to: It sounds like it needs "more" -- and then I wrote the rest of that piece based on the input I got here.

Life is funny -- and glad you enjoyed!

Good stuff K-dub

Not putting it in a box but very early steely danish.....That pad on the on the vocals before it picks up pace was to loud IMO.... Fun to listen to something new that is from a different place and space in time.

Good stuff K-dub

Not putting it in a box but very early steely danish.....That pad on the on the vocals before it picks up pace was to loud IMO.... Fun to listen to something new that is from a different place and space in time.

Exactly -- Thanks T.

It's just an attempt to mirror an inspiration -- in my way.

Nice composition. Vocals are sitting well and good performance. When the drums started i instantly thought "out of phase" something about the high hats, the snare sounds good-i don't hear much kick. Performances are great all around. Overall sounds excellent with nice seperation and quiet between the instruments. I could be wrong about the drums just thought i'd tell you my first impression. Cool tune.

Nice composition. Vocals are sitting well and good performance. When the drums started i instantly thought "out of phase" something about the high hats, the snare sounds good-i don't hear much kick. Performances are great all around. Overall sounds excellent with nice seperation and quiet between the instruments. I could be wrong about the drums just thought i'd tell you my first impression. Cool tune.

I'm not quite sure "which" drums you mean, Strat. There's some in Black Magic -- and then at the end of "The American Dream Trilogy", and then, lastly, "Mona".

I'm thinking you meant, Black Magic -- because they are the only live drums of the lot ... so the rest can't have a phase issue. :D

... but in that, I didn't record them -- so I'm stuck with it.

Thanks for the thoughts though! Totally appreciated -- and always remember that in audio, you are never "wrong" -- you hear what you hear, and it is all good when making your ears known.

Thanks again.

YO K-daub unless you go to soundclick you only Black Magic here...That's the song you have linked and that's the only one we can hear when we use the forum soundcloud player...

Yep the way you did it in this last post all 3 work....will have to give a listen when I have a few minutes to kick back and groove....

Back