attention

Love your style, man. Reminds me a lot of Modest Mouse, who I have spent many, many hours spinning over and over again. I hope you don't mind the 'reminds me of'. I always worry about that. I assure you, it is meant as a huge compliment.

What strikes me about this tune is your use of space. The spaces in between the notes with every instrument are creating all kinds of interesting interactions. It's all so sparse and laid back, yet I am not left wanting. Skilfully done, I think.

Great middle 8! What the heck is that you are playing?

Man, I am so enjoying these boards. There is so much great, original music happening here.

I've got not crits, nits or suggestions. I like this very much exactly as it is.

Good yob mang! Only minor nit pick is the bass vocals seemed a smidge out of tune / sync with the other vocals..just me...Cool song and vibe...

I like this Dobro, as usual your vocals carry the song, I like the guitar and rhythm parts a lot. I think your vocals are always excellent, but in this case I'd like it if the lower vocals were introduced a but later maybe? Like after :43. Sorry, I know that's not really mix advice, more personal preference.

I think arrangement decisions are part of mixing. You're good.

And then I listened to mix 2....

And the mix sounds even better, and I love the spacy sound, WTF is that at 1:42? I'll tell you, it's awesome.

Heatmiser suggested 'piling effects on' the lip trumpet part. I thought 'Heat's smart. That sounds like fun.' So I cloned the part and put it through a distortion plug on each one. I like the cosmic birdie effect lol.

But I still think I would like to hear it if the low vocal part was turned down in the first 43 seconds.

It would build better if I did that. I'll try it. If I use it, I owe you another beer. :)

Thanks for listening. It's very pleasant when people whose music you really like like your music. Or something.

Love your style, man. Reminds me a lot of Modest Mouse, who I have spent many, many hours spinning over and over again. I hope you don't mind the 'reminds me of'. I always worry about that. I assure you, it is meant as a huge compliment.

I don't know Modest Mouse, so I listened to a couple of their songs. I like 'em, but they don't remind me of me. I don't mind flattering comparisons though lol.

What strikes me about this tune is your use of space. The spaces in between the notes with every instrument are creating all kinds of interesting interactions. It's all so sparse and laid back, yet I am not left wanting. Skilfully done, I think.

One of my favorite musics on the planet is dixieland with everybody playing and everything working to make a kind of single moving thing.

Great middle 8! What the heck is that you are playing?

Check the post above this one.

Man, I am so enjoying these boards. There is so much great, original music happening here.

Me too. I enjoy the best stuff here as much as I enjoy good pro stuff, and if it wasn't for this board I wouldn't be hearing it at all. In my mind, I often give a BOA award to stuff I hear here. Best Of Amateur. :thumbs up:

Thanks very much for the listen.

Good yob mang! Only minor nit pick is the bass vocals seemed a smidge out of tune / sync with the other vocals..just me...Cool song and vibe...

Hey, thanks for the listen! Man, I've had more comments about pitchiness on this one... That part is right down at the bottom of what passes for my range. Maybe I should just ditch it.

Back