Any guitar, keyboard, or piano players want to collab on this?

jimistone

long standing member
Last edited:
Jimi, the song sounds terrific. You've got the perfect voice for this music. The drums and bass have that easy walk of good country. I agree with your assessment of the guitar.

I think the guitar needs to lay back with other instruments. I could hear a clean tele sound chiming partial chords on the whole notes. With just the occasional embellishment.

I would love to do a collaboration with you at some point. I've loved and listened to this kind of music for my whole live, but never played it. Right now I cannot, unfortunately. Anyway there are better players on the forum. Hopefully one will step forward. I look forward to hearing it.

I'd love to hear a mix without the guitar.

Last edited:
thanks Robus.
The electric guitar on this is basically a scratch track that allowed me to get a vocal laid down. I plan on scrapping it when I get more instrumentation.

Agreed on the vocals...man perfect for this. If I had more time I could certainly give it a shot. I am more of a rocker than a country guy but I grew up on it. If no one steps forward in the next few weeks, let me know. Hopefully my schedule will slow down a little soon. Is it standard tuning? Whats the tempo? Are you able to upload a version without the guitars? and one with just vocals? You can use the secret link function so no one else can hear it and know that it even exists. Maybe I can try for you in the next couple weeks.

Nice one dude. Strong vocals man. There's not enough good beer drinking music being made anymore. So, I like it. I'll do some background vocals LOL :D

I can cut the guitars and post a bass, drums, and vocal version. I used a click but I'll have to look to see what tempo I set. I can't remember off the top of my head.

Yeah your voice is just right for this. Not my cup of tea as far as genre, but its a good song and great performance. What is your vocal chain on this one?

Heck, I could try a little something on acoustic and/or electric guitar. Might be a fun challenge. I've got some twangy electric tones at my disposal, and I'm pretty happy with the acoustic tones I've been getting lately. No promises that I can come up with anything worth keeping, especially since I don't know much about the genre, but I could at least take a swipe at it.

Yeah your voice is just right for this. Not my cup of tea as far as genre, but its a good song and great performance. What is your vocal chain on this one?

Heck, I could try a little something on acoustic and/or electric guitar. Might be a fun challenge. I've got some twangy electric tones at my disposal, and I'm pretty happy with the acoustic tones I've been getting lately. No promises that I can come up with anything worth keeping, especially since I don't know much about the genre, but I could at least take a swipe at it.

I think my chain on vocal is : waves 10 band mono eq, compressor, and lexicon pathalon reverb. (hit vocal preset). go ahead and give it a shot!
Actually I had desser and a bit of double delay in the chain too

Last edited:
Either way, I got a scratch done last night just using what you already posted. I'm gonna redo it tonight and post what I got so far. It might work or not, I wish I had a real piano but I gotta make do with a vst.

Sorry easlern, I'm not having any luck whatsoever getting your link to work. It seems to be an imbeded file on this website...I dunno.
Clue me in man.

that link worked.
Man easlern, great work! That's exactly the kind of piano the song needs. fill ins and accent stuff. Can you send me an isolated piano track that I can mix in and edit?

Last edited:
Back