"Any Flavor You Like".....Taste some new RAMI.

I really liked the middle part.

This is why I don't consider songwriting or arrangement opinions. Mix feedback, sure. Useful. I like to to know how different people hear things on different systems. Writing feedback? No thanks. It's my song and I'm good enough at writing my own music that I can execute my own vision exactly the want I want. If that makes me a self-righteous stubborn dick, then so be it. Some people will like something, some won't. That's just how it is.
I totally agree. That's why I said I "consider" everything, but it doesn't mean I'll actually change anything. I just get caught between just being stubborn for the sake of being stubborn, and trying to be objective about other people's opinions. But it would take A LOT for me to actually go back and change an arrangement based on someone's opinion. I also always try to go listen to someone's music after reading their opinion. I'm not going to get specific here, but often I'll forget about anything they said after listening to their music, because their opinion can all of a sudden become irrelevant to me. That's all I'm going to say about that right now. ;)

I really like the tune and I'm in the camp of 'no problem with the middle section'. It is what it is in the song and was obviously meant to be that way. I found it a nice break from the rest of the song.

I love the riff and I like it where it doubles up with the Fender. Really adds body to it and set the tone for the rest of the track. Drums and Bass sound pretty damn good to me. I agree the OH's could come up a touch but the low end sounds fine to me here.

On first listen, I wasn't keen on the 'Any flavour you.....' parts but by the 3rd run through I was singing along. (While washing the dishes, I had it on repeat.) I had 5-6 good listens before commenting. I really like it and adding it to my HR Recordings Folder.

Top stuff :thumbs up:

I really like the tune and I'm in the camp of 'no problem with the middle section'. It is what it is in the song and was obviously meant to be that way. I found it a nice break from the rest of the song.

I love the riff and I like it where it doubles up with the Fender. Really adds body to it and set the tone for the rest of the track. Drums and Bass sound pretty damn good to me. I agree the OH's could come up a touch but the low end sounds fine to me here.

On first listen, I wasn't keen on the 'Any flavour you.....' parts but by the 3rd run through I was singing along. (While washing the dishes, I had it on repeat.) I had 5-6 good listens before commenting. I really like it and adding it to my HR Recordings Folder.

Top stuff :thumbs up:
Thanx MC. I agree about the middle part. I listened to it a few times this afternoon, really trying to be objective, and found that I think it's a cool part. At worse, the transition going back to the regular part might sound slightly un-smooth, but that's about it. I think it works fine.

I did some re-mixing, brought up the low end a bit. Tried to EQ the bass and kik, but didn't go nuts with that. The source sounds are what they are and there's only so much I can do with an EQ that would make it THAT much better. I also brought up the overheads a bit and put a different, longer reverb on the intro guitars. Hopefully, someone will let me know if anything I did made anything worse. :D

Thanx for all the help guys.

Oh, I forgot to mention that I didn't hear any of the digital glitches Pinky mentioned. I listened with headphones and on the speakers. They might have been there in the version I had originally up-loaded, but I don't think they're there in this new version. Pretty sure anyway.

Loved the tune. As said already, great vocals... sure reminds me of Dexter Holland

Pretty cool. I had no idea who Dexter Holland is, so I entered his name on Youtube. He's the "Offspring"!!!! I used to like them, so that's cool and not someone I've ever been compared or mentioned with. :cool:

RAMI........nice job man. They don't get written........performed and recorded much better than that......anywhere. I listened three times because I wanted to catch it all. The only thing that I sort of wished I could change was the sound of the snare...........and I know this is 100% about personal taste........but I thought it was a tad too loud and just the same tad too hollow sounding. It's tuned correctly but could use a bit less "ring". Just my 2 cents. Thanks for letting me listen man.

I really liked the middle part.

This is why I don't consider songwriting or arrangement opinions. Mix feedback, sure. Useful. I like to to know how different people hear things on different systems. Writing feedback? No thanks. It's my song and I'm good enough at writing my own music that I can execute my own vision exactly the want I want. If that makes me a self-righteous stubborn dick, then so be it. Some people will like something, some won't. That's just how it is.

I agree with Greg 100%. I rarely offer composition feedback unless asked, for this reason.

Another vote for liking the middle. But I like oddball stuff.

Rami, I'll check sometime later and will let you know if it was just that particular MP3...

RAMI........nice job man. They don't get written........performed and recorded much better than that......anywhere. I listened three times because I wanted to catch it all. The only thing that I sort of wished I could change was the sound of the snare...........and I know this is 100% about personal taste........but I thought it was a tad too loud and just the same tad too hollow sounding. It's tuned correctly but could use a bit less "ring". Just my 2 cents. Thanks for letting me listen man.
I really appreciate that, Mickster. I've always had a love/hate relationship with my snare, kik,...well, all my drums really. The last couple of tunes I've done, I just haven't been really happy with them, ever since I changed the skins a few months ago. I need to take each drum and tune it from scratch, they're just not making me happy. So I agree with you about the snare. I don't think it's a "bad" sound, but it just doesn't pop the way I'd like it to.

Thanx for the listen and comments. :cool:

I agree with Greg 100%. I rarely offer composition feedback unless asked, for this reason.

Another vote for liking the middle. But I like oddball stuff.
I'm with you guys, too. It's easy to stay within what would sound "conventional" for any tune. Sometimes going a little "left field" with something will sound weird to some, but that's also what makes some tunes quirky in a good way. I'm not saying anything weird is always good. But a little timing change never killed anyone. :D

Rami, I'll check sometime later and will let you know if it was just that particular MP3...
Thanx alot. They might very well still be there, but my ears don't hear anything above about 13k or so. I don't hear them, but that doesn't mean they're not there. :cool:

Cool tune. I usually pay attention to your lyrics, but I got lost listening to everything else. Saw some comments about the breakdown; I personally like it. I see it in context with your other tunes as if they will be on a CD and you need a song that changes pace like that. Of course, no one buys CD's anymore.... and was that a 6/8 time rhythm? Who does that anymore??

Bass is good with me. It is different than before. More wooly, a touch of the ampeg tone. different, but still good.

I thought there were some spots where the vocals could use some automation, or more automation. The part that stuck out to me was "Any Flavor..." could come up a bit.

Facking awesome, man. The main riff playing against the center lead guitar just kills me. This is just a great song. Vocals are strong, backing vocals as well.

I'd like to hear a little more drums and a little less guitar and vocal in the verses. Basically just more drums. Like has already been said multiple times, personal taste. I can't say much about the low end on my current setup, but I didn't hear much of the bass guitar.

Yup! The thing I noticed more about this, as opposed to your other offerings, is your vocals. They are perfectly placed, and sound awesome, dude. Whatever gear / changes you got or made, keep em on your vox. It works. Great job.

Yeah, those glitches are still there. I don't think it's a matter of hearing it at a higher frequency. It seems to only be certain times when the lead guitar is playing. Times I mentioned earlier are exactly where they are now. Conversion would not explain that, it would be more random.

Bass *seemed* more present. The crashes still don't really jump when hit, can barely tell they're even there. Does the kick have more punch? I like it a lot now.

Wow. Impressive. My only comment is that I like the middle part, and I think that since the rhythm is changing so dramatically there, the bass guitar should be louder in the middle part to sort of emphasize that rhythmic change. (Argh never mind. I think it's just my monitor's lack of low end.)

Last edited:
Cool tune. I usually pay attention to your lyrics, but I got lost listening to everything else. Saw some comments about the breakdown; I personally like it. I see it in context with your other tunes as if they will be on a CD and you need a song that changes pace like that. Of course, no one buys CD's anymore.... and was that a 6/8 time rhythm? Who does that anymore??

Bass is good with me. It is different than before. More wooly, a touch of the ampeg tone. different, but still good.

I thought there were some spots where the vocals could use some automation, or more automation. The part that stuck out to me was "Any Flavor..." could come up a bit.
Thanx Chili. Now that I listen back after reading your comment, I agree about the vocals. I'll bring them up in the chorus for sure. Thanx a lot. :)

Facking awesome, man. The main riff playing against the center lead guitar just kills me. This is just a great song. Vocals are strong, backing vocals as well.

I'd like to hear a little more drums and a little less guitar and vocal in the verses. Basically just more drums. Like has already been said multiple times, personal taste. I can't say much about the low end on my current setup, but I didn't hear much of the bass guitar.
Thanx Tad. I'm pretty sure the bass guitar is pretty loud, but as has been mentioned a few times, I'm still getting used to my listening situation, too. :cool:

Yup! The thing I noticed more about this, as opposed to your other offerings, is your vocals. They are perfectly placed, and sound awesome, dude. Whatever gear / changes you got or made, keep em on your vox. It works. Great job.
Great. Thanx a lot. I got a new mic, but I also think my vocals are generally better in my last few tunes. Thanx man.

Yeah, those glitches are still there. I don't think it's a matter of hearing it at a higher frequency. It seems to only be certain times when the lead guitar is playing. Times I mentioned earlier are exactly where they are now. Conversion would not explain that, it would be more random.

Bass *seemed* more present. The crashes still don't really jump when hit, can barely tell they're even there. Does the kick have more punch? I like it a lot now.
OK, that's good to know about the glitches. I don't hear them, but I'm sure they're there. It's obviously something on my guitar track itself. I can bring up the overheads when I re-mix this. Thanx a lot.

Wow. Impressive. My only comment is that I like the middle part, and I think that since the rhythm is changing so dramatically there, the bass guitar should be louder in the middle part to sort of emphasize that rhythmic change. (Argh never mind. I think it's just my monitor's lack of low end.)
Thanx a lot Jessica. :)

OK, in case anyone's still interested.....

I just re-mixed this from scratch. Went from faders down and built a new mix. Obviously, some things didn't change because they worked from the beginning, but I really worked on the drums (more overheads hopefully?) and the bass (more defined sound?), as well as other changes that I can't remember. I might re-track some guitars this weekend, too.

Couldn't do anything about the digital glitches for a couple of reasons, one of them being that I can't hear them. But hopefully, I addressed pretty much everything else that was in my power to change.

Is the re-mix at your site?
I heard it about 12 times...using auto play while I was doing stuff. I didnt hear any digital clicks? huh?

Noticed you got some new gear and monitors!...monitors could be a huge change but you seemed to have gotten online fast;the mix sounds great and technically amazing like usual.

off topic kind of...I've come to think, you drummers have a tempo thing going on, my cousins too are drummers and do a lot of stuff thats not the old bar-band 4/4. X2 and an SG and the speakers...geeez...do it all at once I guess, enema studio event. I listened to your older stuff too and the mix is the same imo, some songs call for slightly different tones imo.. don't want everything sounding identical, unless you want the ac/dc thing (repeatable identical every track).

it'd be cool to see your track list and then the mixing and "mastering" stuff on these finished recordings.

Is the re-mix at your site?
Yeah, I uploaded the "new" version in the last 20 minutes, so it might have changed as you were listening. :)

I didnt hear any digital clicks? huh?
Yeah, I think Pinky's one of those bionic fuckers that make me jealous. :eek: :D

it'd be cool to see your track list and then the mixing and "mastering" stuff on these finished recordings.
Funny you say that because I was actually thinking of posting the progress of this tune from tracking to mixing. But then I realized that I make so many changes as I go along that it's never a linear progression from bottom to top. Often, it goes left or right, backwards, etc...as I re-track, re-arrange, change my mind about stuff, etc.....

I'd be willing to post the raw tracks of this, though, if people want to take their shot at mixing it. But there would have to be a lot of interest for me to bother. I know I'll end up losing interest after listening to 3 or 4 versions. So, if people want to do it for their own fun, fine. Just don't expect me to keep listening. :D

well maybe when your done with it you can post a summary or screen snapshot. it'd be good for the mixing clinic, probably. i know im always curious how many tracks were used etc..etc.. gearhead shit.

Back