Any comments?

the music is just a tad formulaic and predictable for me. but it's executed alright, and the mix is actually good enough to just demonstrate what you're trying to do. perfection has never been my thing so I don't dwell too much on the noise levels or EQ too much

Very dry guitar, very bright mix overall. I can hear a lot hissing from the mic.
The guitar slapping sounded really harsh and dry especially.
Btyre is right about the pronounciation but I don't think that it sounds unclear. It seems to come and go. You sound like a South American kid who lives in the USA.
Then again, I know the song very well so I could probably fish the lyrics out of most vocals.

The performance were fine.

I like the playing a lot.. the slapping on the guitar i don't like. I think if you could get rid of that , you could do alot more with the overall sound of the song. John Mayer is a tough vocal cover on this tune, and you came real close. Good job !

The style of your singing I like, but the recording ain't so hot--how did you do it? The noise floor is very noticeable. Do you do any original music? I'm not a big fan of the Mayer (soon to be Mr. Katy Perry, if you believe the tabloids). You've got the ability, so maybe try doing your own thing.

Very dry guitar, very bright mix overall. I can hear a lot hissing from the mic.
The guitar slapping sounded really harsh and dry especially.
Btyre is right about the pronounciation but I don't think that it sounds unclear. It seems to come and go. You sound like a South American kid who lives in the USA.
Then again, I know the song very well so I could probably fish the lyrics out of most vocals.

The performance were fine.

Hey, thanks for the comments. I appreciate it. Maybe the hissing came from my fan. Haha and I live in the Philippines by the way :)

I like the playing a lot.. the slapping on the guitar i don't like. I think if you could get rid of that , you could do alot more with the overall sound of the song. John Mayer is a tough vocal cover on this tune, and you came real close. Good job !
I'll try to work on that slapping. It sounded harsh because I think I became to aggresive, thanks for the compliment! :)

The style of your singing I like, but the recording ain't so hot--how did you do it? The noise floor is very noticeable. Do you do any original music? I'm not a big fan of the Mayer (soon to be Mr. Katy Perry, if you believe the tabloids). You've got the ability, so maybe try doing your own thing.
Thank you very much! I already started writing my own songs with my acoustic guitar. I will try to record a demo album of my original song, but I need to improve my recording.

I used samson c01 mic and behringer usb mixer. I think that both of them have a loud self-noise but I'm not sure though :)

This is probably a sensitive mic or a mediocre pre-amp. Sounds like a sensitive microphone with a lot of gain applied to it, honestly, rather than a fan.

Back