Another re-do...One day I'll write a new tune. :D

RAMI,
I LOVE the way the toms mark out the stereo image/soundstage thingemybob.
Tight as a RAMI tune and the guitars have a gnarly goodness too.
Terrific stuff.
Awesome Ray. I'm glad it works. Thanx buddy.

Awesome! It's a kind of progressive retro-contemporary fusion of something. Everything on this is tight-as, and that really works to the track's advantage.

I do like the use of reverb . . . and I'm pleased to see it being used so well. Someone one did say that the vocals could come up a bit, and I agree with this. The first reason is that as I listen, my impression of the stereo picture is that the singers are located behind the band, and I'l like to hear them brought forward. The second reason is that they are so competently convincing they deserve to be heard a bit more.
Thanx a lot Gek. I might bring the vocals up in that case. More than one person has mentioned it, and it's all been people who's ears I trust.

I was listening to this album a lot around the time of mixing it, and wanted to get sort of that slightly buried lead vocal feel. Take a listen to a few seconds of this, when the vocals come in. The whole album is like this, and I really like it:

The Rolling Stones - When The Whip Comes Down - YouTube

This whole thing is tighter than a frog's asshole, and as a frequent rapist of frogs, let me assure you how tight that really is.

Any comments I might possibly make would be purely personal preference items anyway, and I don't even have anything I can think of other than as I'm imagining what the video looks like, your tom rolls are backwards. :-)

This song has a little early Danny Elfman thing going on. Awesome, but the drums are backwards.... :D

This whole thing is tighter than a frog's asshole, and as a frequent rapist of frogs, let me assure you how tight that really is.

Any comments I might possibly make would be purely personal preference items anyway, and I don't even have anything I can think of other than as I'm imagining what the video looks like, your tom rolls are backwards. :-)
HAHA! Thanx guys. Nothing's backwards. My music is all about listening with your back to the speakers. That's why it's called the back-beat. Noobs. :rolleyes:

(I had to Google Danny Elfman...Oingo Boingo????? I'll have to check out what I missed.)

Last edited:
I feel your pain, and it feels good! Nice work (so far?). The Guitar has a really nice, thick sound. Clever lyric, too.

Vocals are cool where they are for me. Definitely a cool prog thing with the sync of lead and drums. The double leads work really well....
The leads between the chorus at the end are perfect - they pop out with actually sounding louder.
I wouldn't change anything....:)

Back