Another re-do...One day I'll write a new tune. :D

Real cool song. Great drum playing. Different guitar tone for you. Really high gain and not a ton of high-midrange. But I thought it worked well in the mix.

No real mix problems I can detect. The closet thing I have to a problem is there is a cymbal way out on the right side that's bordering on strident. I think it's the highhat, and it's weird that the hat is so far to the right. But that's the closest I can come to complaining about anything. And I'm one to complain. :).

Toms sound really really cool.

Real cool song. Great drum playing. Different guitar tone for you. Really high gain and not a ton of high-midrange. But I thought it worked well in the mix.

No real mix problems I can detect. The closet thing I have to a problem is there is a cymbal way out on the right side that's bordering on strident. I think it's the highhat, and it's weird that the hat is so far to the right. But that's the closest I can come to complaining about anything. And I'm one to complain. :).
Thanx a lot Trip. This is an older tune and I was probably using a different overhead configuration at the time. I can't change where that hi-hat is, but I don't think I have that issue any more since changing my overhead placement.

Toms sound really really cool.

Thanx. Maybe you can have a talk to Shwarz for me. :D

That drum roll after the first chorus, what are you hitting there?
I'm not sure. What roll after the first chorus?
I think it's a tom roll but I'm just not really hearing much "tom". There's a lot of tight attack sound but not much "bom bom bom" going on there.
...well then, I guess it's a tom. :D

Guitars sound great on this rami. Nice tone throughout and the parts are really good, especially that left panned riff.

Think the vocals could come up a touch. Other than that, sounding very much done to me :)

Totally tight. I really like the vocal harmonies. I just got a set of Sony MDR 7508's and it's a bit thumpy in those. The bass drum mostly. I'd like the vocals a little louder.

Well done....sounds like it was a lot of work!

Guitars sound great on this rami. Nice tone throughout and the parts are really good, especially that left panned riff.

Think the vocals could come up a touch. Other than that, sounding very much done to me :)
Thanx a lot Rob. I'll go back and check out the vocal volume. Much appreciated.
Totally tight. I really like the vocal harmonies. I just got a set of Sony MDR 7508's and it's a bit thumpy in those. The bass drum mostly. I'd like the vocals a little louder.

Well done....sounds like it was a lot of work!
Thanx Stu. I always found the mix for this a little bottom heavy, too, but thought it worked for the tune. I'll go back and listen, though. Maybe it's a little much.

Thanx guys.

Thanx Stu. I always found the mix for this a little bottom heavy, too, but thought it worked for the tune. I'll go back and listen, though. Maybe it's a little much.

Thanx guys.

It's fine really...but these Sony's are a widely regarded reference...and this set just came out of the box. :)

It's fine really...but these Sony's are a widely regarded reference...and this set just came out of the box. :)
I'm only now realizing how long it takes to get used to new monitors. I bought my JBL's almost a year ago, and I still have trouble trusting them all the time. I often think things are way more bass-y than they are, and sometimes it's the opposite.

I'm only now realizing how long it takes to get used to new monitors. I bought my JBL's almost a year ago, and I still have trouble trusting them all the time. I often think things are way more bass-y than they are, and sometimes it's the opposite.

Lol...if you can't trust your room then you can't trust your monitors...assuming you can trust your monitors...so then you have to trust reviewers for headphones....but it's the internet....so you have to trust yourself...which is far too subjective when it comes to music.

We're all screwed...is the thing.

Yeah, I can definitely trust my room, it's very well treated. I probably should be able to trust my monitors, too. But I spent years using cheap, department store speakers for monitors, so everything on "real" monitors still sounds way more bass-y than what I got used to for years.

My biggest enemy is my own perspective. I often lose perspective after spending a lo of time on a song. I start doubting every decision I make.

RAMI,
I LOVE the way the toms mark out the stereo image/soundstage thingemybob.
Tight as a RAMI tune and the guitars have a gnarly goodness too.
Terrific stuff.

Awesome! It's a kind of progressive retro-contemporary fusion of something. Everything on this is tight-as, and that really works to the track's advantage.

I do like the use of reverb . . . and I'm pleased to see it being used so well. Someone one did say that the vocals could come up a bit, and I agree with this. The first reason is that as I listen, my impression of the stereo picture is that the singers are located behind the band, and I'l like to hear them brought forward. The second reason is that they are so competently convincing they deserve to be heard a bit more.

Back