Another oldy but goody.(I think)

Why no replies?

Hey Raven,

So I'm crusing the forum, and I stumble upon your thread here on the third page with absolutely no replies ... could the song be really that bad? Not at all!

Dude, this was a very cool little tune. It had a great folk quality to it, almost 60ish.

Nice vocals throughout, and I was surprised when the harmonica came in. It added a nice little touch.

Good arrangement. I would have liked the drums to be a bit louder, and are you actually playing them or is it a sample? They sounded good, but they were just a tad hard to hear.

Good job on this tune. Keep it up, man!

Wow, what a treat of a tune!

I very much liked the overall song and sound. The vox were sweet and true. The harmony vox was high class and well blended.

I did think that the vocals could be a little warmer and low end friendly. For me, it would be closer akin to the lyrics and message if the vocals were more rounded, warmer and engulfing without sacrificing the nice clarity that you already have going on.

The mouth harp was great. The bass seemed to fill in for the lack of kick drum punch but, that is almost nitpicking and I am not good at all on the low end side of my recordings. Something to consider though.

Damn it all, this was a nice song to come across. I like the lyrics and vocals alot. If you chose to prune and pamper the rhythm section, I'd say you have a hit in many hearts.

Peace,

Theron.

Excuse me for wavering immediately off course, but I like this other tune you have posted at nowhere--Is Forever Very Far? I know thats not the right title, but this is a little gem of a tune. I like the track. It just percolates along. I'd pull the reverb down on the voice. I could listen to this one over and over and not get tired of it. I've listened to it twice and I'm about to spin it (stream it?) again.

OK. I liked Virgin Sun too. I just thought it needed a bridge or B section somewhere to get it away from the other repeating structure.

I like your voice on both. You sound honest and I believe every word you're singing as a result.

Back