Another new track! ;) Feedback?

I'm not hearing clipping.

But I am hearing a lot of low mids making the mix very blurry from the effect coming down the middle.

Need to collab on bass!

Hi, I love your style and imagination! If it were me, I'd record those guitars in stereo at no more than -6db on the meter, and record with a dry signal (as much as possible). I'd then double the guitar after applying eq/comp/fx in the daw...then monoize the second guitar track. Use the stereo one for width and the mono one for balance and to add a little texture. Maybe play with the eqs in a mid/side or standard eq, put a little delay/verb/chorus/etc/whatever on one of the tracks only. Pan those babies in either opposite directions, or place the mono in the middle-ish of the mix, and the stereos pan wide. Mix to your liking. Control the FX in the DAW. Keep compression light, and don't mix beyond -6 (with peaks included) before mastering is applied.

You want more dynamic range in those sweet guitars, so don't kill the buzz by turning everything up too much. I used to do that and it's much harder to break the habit than you may think. But go for it, tone it down, and let us hear the beautiful range of your strings, rather than a distorted mess of frequencies that simply need defining and spacial direction.

I'm no expert, but have learned a lot over the years and simply want to share these thoughts in hopes of helping you make this even better for yourself and your audience. I'm happy to help if I can, so feel free to reach out if you have any questions or would like suggestions of good plug ins to try out. Rock On, looking forward to hearing an updated mix.

Oh yeah, I'd be willing to play bass on your track and have 30 years experience playing professionally, if you would like. We can talk about the details if you'd like to collaborate together.

Back