Another Bass PODxt Mp3 Remix - This Time Hardrock/Metal

dabluesman

This is a song I wrote a while back called Believe, it's kind of hard-rock/metal. I did away with the bass guitar track and totally rewrote a new one (the old one was only four notes played over and over, this new one I riffed the bass all to hell ;) ) I set the Bass PODxt to a Fender Dual Showman amp with a '67 Marshall Basketweave 4x12 cab with pre-Rola 20 watt Celestion greenback speaker's. I love the bass tone I got, it really rocks.. balls to the walls! Any opinions? Oh, anyone else here using the bass podxt have any mp3's? I'd like to hear them! Thanks!

-dabluesman

Believe Bass Remix mp3

Oh by the way, before I got this Bass Podxt, I would record bass tracks by plugging a SansAmp Bass DI pedal into a J-Station set to a Fender Bassman preset.
Believe Original Version mp3

Ok, the tone in the bass pod sounds fine but i think you might've mixed it a bit too prevalent in the mix, it's kind of obscuring the guitars.

The vox on the choruses sound a bit low in the range for your vox, they might need to be effected somehow to give them an otherworldly quality. I like the vox where they are like spoken, cool creepy effect.

Back