An Angel Said - alterntaive rock pop

Wow very nice, Man!! I'm a new follower on your Sound Cloud. Hey, I'm new on homerecording.com. Is there somewhere to see or read about your studio? Or do I just need to pick pieces out of different posts? Thanks

Thanks. No studio to speak of, I record/mix in our second bedroom. Thanks for the listen/follow, that means a lot to me.

Welcome to the community, please engage the other users and listen/comment to keep this forum alive. Post your own tracks as well, for feedback. Thanks again

There's a new album coming out featuring young abdrushkiwt called Use Your Delusion I & II.
"Unfortunately, you got to see the sensitive side of my ability with feedback/opinions." That's not "sensitive" because you showed no sensitivity towards anyone but yourself. It was insensitive to others whilst being overly defensive. Otherwise described as whiny and rude.
Take a day, relax, interact in a real world and then return and read through this thread slowly & dispassionately.
IF you can manage to do that you may gain some insight into how you cope with constructive criticism. Your responses to comments are a parallel to Gonzo's: rejection and self confirmation. "You're wrong" and "that's the way I wanted it" seem to be your guiding mantras. You'll find that comprehension skills improve with some degree of calm. If you truly can't cope with constructive criticism don't post, post with a caveat that only x & y are to be discussed or just send a link to your friends so that vicarious back patting can be indulged in. Oh, hang on, that's what this is becoming isn't it - a closed shop/conga line?
cater.png

Last edited:
There's a new album coming out featuring young abdrushkiwt called Use Your Delusion I & II.
"Unfortunately, you got to see the sensitive side of my ability with feedback/opinions." That's not "sensitive" because you showed no sensitivity towards anyone but yourself. It was insensitive to others whilst being overly defensive. Otherwise described as whiny and rude.
Take a day, relax, interact in a real world and then return and read through this thread slowly & dispassionately.
IF you can manage to do that you may gain some insight into how you cope with constructive criticism. Your responses to comments are a parallel to Gonzo's: rejection and self confirmation. "You're wrong" and "that's the way I wanted it" seem to be your guiding mantras. You'll find that comprehension skills improve with some degree of calm. If you truly can't cope with constructive criticism don't post, post with a caveat that only x & y are to be discussed or just send a link to your friends so that vicarious back patting can be indulged in. Oh, hang on, that's what this is becoming isn't it - a closed shop/conga line?

Relax dood.

Vocals are great on this. My impression as it cranks up when the drums come in the mix sounds very congested. The guitars and the cymbals seem to wash together in a kind of indistinct wall of sound. Mind you I'm listening on horrible little speakers in my office so it could be just translation. Good tune

Vocals are great on this. My impression as it cranks up when the drums come in the mix sounds very congested. The guitars and the cymbals seem to wash together in a kind of indistinct wall of sound. Mind you I'm listening on horrible little speakers in my office so it could be just translation. Good tune

Thanks for mentioning your listening device. Ill check into the cymbals, they're something I've been focusijg more on lately though mixing with headphones doesnt let me hear the high end too crisply. Thanks man

Yeah ...... I liked the vocals too ...... a couple of folks have mentioned pitch issues but I'm not hearing them.

Took a week from it and came back this morning to listen. I'm pretty sure it's the doubled vocal that is not matched exactly in time in the lead vocal, and the combination of the two is pulling the ear to a semi-tone in between. It's barely perceptible, to my ears, but I think that's what it is. thnx

very good song. but, if were to buy this , you lost me with longgggg intro. as pretty as it is , its a bit to long to wait for the build up of the song.

very good song. but, if were to buy this , you lost me with longgggg intro. as pretty as it is , its a bit to long to wait for the build up of the song.

That's fine with me. In context of an album, I like it. The point was to believe it never actually picks up, that it stays the same as it is the first 2 minutes. The opinions on that part will vary greatly. Thanks for the feedback. :thumbs up:

The track sounds good. The long into thing might not be to everyone's liking but it's a personal preference thing. I too would have liked to hear something more during the first two minutes - not a full-on sound but a little sonic something. But that's just my preference and if the author wanted the song to sound the way it does, more power to him.

I don't want to re-open a can of worms, but the drums - they sound good, but I think I understand what Lt. Bob is getting at. Some parts do sound off to me, specifically the fill at 2:57 which doesn't sound smooth to me. If a real drummer had played it like that I would have thought he was off. I think the overall style of drumming you are going for here may not lend itself to a tight groove, and so it may feel awkward to some. But that's zooming in and listening with a fine-toothed comb - overall the track sounds pretty good. As far as being pitchy, overall the vocal is good and the voice sounds nice. I did notice something at :53 (Melodyne artifact?). Listening closely to the vocal in the quiet part I can hear the Melodyne a little - perhaps that's what others noticed but that's being nit-picky - overall the vocal sounds good with the track. Folks here at the forum analyze and tear apart things like this but regular listeners aren't going to hear 90% of what we discussing, and your mixes generally sound very nice. Good job.

Folks here at the forum analyze and tear apart things like this but regular listeners aren't going to hear 90% of what we discussing, and your mixes generally sound very nice.

The OP already knows how I feel about this song and I have no desire to hijack this thread. Your sentence above says it all and it is the most informative, in this thread so far, IMHO. Most Artist in this community are just way to hard on themselves. You hear things that others never will! I do not have the talent that most of you have but I know what I like and I know what sounds good.

If I had to take a SWAG, I would say that close to 95% of your audio is being listened to on a $12 set of ear buds to begin with. I was working on my track room this weekend and after I sent my buddy back to the cut saw three times for a 1/32 inch cutting mistake, he asked me why does it matter when it will be covered by drywall anyway? My reply: BECAUSE I KNOW ITS THERE"! I listen to a lot of the music made by members of this community. I would have no problem paying for any of it!

Here is a link to some very interesting stats concerning audio consumption world wide. If nothing else, it may help members of this community make an informed decision on how to promote their work. Consumption.

Last edited:
... Folks here at the forum analyze and tear apart things like this but regular listeners aren't going to hear 90% of what we discussing...

Believe it or not, sometimes I don't realize this. So when I see a particular comment, I believe it's widespread, obvious, and damaging to the music. When I post my opinion on others music, I try to state if I think it's only an opinion or if it's something objective ..such as limited to death, out of pitch, or loose in time. Those things can be backed by data, but opinions can't, of course.

So, I have a knack for assuming the worst and thinking I'm wasting my time with with creating music and slaving over it for hpurs on end in my free time. Some positive comments really do keep me plugging away.

I thought this sounded awesome overall.

Andrushkwit, you're one of my favorite vocalists on this forum -- maybe the favorite. Your vocals always sound indistinguishable from pro to me, and this one is no exception. Great tone, great expression, it's got everything.

Regarding the drums, I didn't notice what others are noticing. I didn't pay a ton of attention to them, though, to be honest. When they came in, I noticed that they sounded very powerful and gave the song a huge kick in the rear. And I didn't hear them get off anywhere or lack in feeling. Again, though, I didn't put them under the microscope. I was listening to your vocal performance mostly, and nothing in any of the instruments distracted me enough to stop.

I just listened again with more of a critical ear, since the first time I was just enjoying the song. Here are my only constructive criticisms:
1. I agree with an earlier poster (can't remember who) that said you could maybe turn the gain on the guitars down slightly on the distorted parts. They sound good, but I think they're a little more distorted an compressed than necessary.
2. The ritard at the end sounds a tiny bit clumsy to me. It's as if it kind of wears out its welcome a bit. I think it's also the fact that the bass continues to try to play its line while the tempo is ritarding, and it feels a little cumbersome to do that, IMO. I'd rather hear it all stay in tempo through that bit and not start ritarding until pretty much the last three or four beats before the final m(add9) chord.

Finally, to answer your question from your original post ... what's holding you back and what's setting this apart from commerical tunes ... I'd say, other than my two nits above, nothing really. I could certainly hear this on the radio, 100%.

Great tune and awesome performances as always. You're scary good, my friend.

2. The ritard at the end sounds a tiny bit clumsy to me. It's as if it kind of wears out its welcome a bit. I think it's also the fact that the bass continues to try to play its line while the tempo is ritarding, and it feels a little cumbersome to do that, IMO. I'd rather hear it all stay in tempo through that bit and not start ritarding until pretty much the last three or four beats before the final m(add9) chord.

Thanks for that, I agree I didn't go it well enough, thought more would mention that. Thanks for the review, really appreciated. I will check out your latest post/vid once work settles down a bit. Probably this weekend.

Just listened to the original post. This is all you ? The instrumentation as well as the vocal AND mix? BRAVO!
I like the sound of it. The heavy up front bass almost put me off when it came out of nowhere, but I feel like it went with everything after I got used it. Loved the drums. I always tell myself "If music were an outfit, the drums would be considered shoes", and damn man, your kicks are heat.
I wish you were a local, I'd love to work alongside you on the production side.
You're well on your way my friend.

Back