...All Went Wrong - new alternative tune, feedback puhlease?

Bring the vocals all down just a couple db at the most. At times, I felt like the guitars could use some more punch to really get that impact going for a tighter mix. Maybe sidechain the rhythm guitars to the kick?

Just throwing some feedback out there bud. Sounds fine regardless. You remind me of Motion City Soundtrack a little :thumbs up:

Bring the vocals all down just a couple db at the most. At times, I felt like the guitars could use some more punch to really get that impact going for a tighter mix. Maybe sidechain the rhythm guitars to the kick?

Just throwing some feedback out there bud. Sounds fine regardless. You remind me of Motion City Soundtrack a little :thumbs up:

Hey thanks man. I sidechain the guitar buss to the vocal buss. It clears a little room there, but that's an interesting idea. I think I'll give it a try and see what that sounds like. I sidechain the bass to the kick, and I'm wondering how to manage multiple sidechain on a buss...

I think you mentioned that group before and I need to check them out ;)

Thanks a lot

I think you mentioned that group before and I need to check them out ;)
I probably did haha, I definitely still mix a little poop punk in with what I write now. Anywho, it's your bass that needs the sidechaining to the kick first and foremost before the guitars. Keep the panning on those gitfiddles wide too, especially if you're double tracking the rhythm guitar which pretty much is a must for that genre.

EDIT: As far as sidechaining busses, I usually just make a rhythm guitar bus if it isn't already there and sidechain the entire bus to the kick track. But I have a mix knob on my compressor so I don't have to manually do all the parallel crap. I'd strongly advise that if you're gonna sidechain the rhythm guitars it's a good idea to mix in the untouched signal.

I probably did haha, I definitely still mix a little poop punk in with what I write now. Anywho, it's your bass that needs the sidechaining to the kick first and foremost before the guitars. Keep the panning on those gitfiddles wide too, especially if you're double tracking the rhythm guitar which pretty much is a must for that genre.

EDIT: As far as sidechaining busses, I usually just make a rhythm guitar bus if it isn't already there and sidechain the entire bus to the kick track. But I have a mix knob on my compressor so I don't have to manually do all the parallel crap. I'd strongly advise that if you're gonna sidechain the rhythm guitars it's a good idea to mix in the untouched signal.

So, under the inserts section of the kick buss, first apply the bass sidechain. Then, the guitar sidechain under it? And on the guitar compressor, turn the mix knob down some? Want to make sure I'm understanding that correctly.

So, under the inserts section of the kick buss, first apply the bass sidechain. Then, the guitar sidechain under it? And on the guitar compressor, turn the mix knob down some? Want to make sure I'm understanding that correctly.

On the bass track inserts, throw on a compressor and sidechain that compressor to the kick bus (sends). On the rhythm guitars, slap a new compressor on their bus and sidechain that to the kick bus as well, same as the bass, but this time you wanna turn the mix knob down just a bit to get that uncompressed feel. The mix knob just stops the mix from becoming too pumpy while still benefiting from that pump. I like to be pretty heavy handed with the gain reduction for both bass and guitar, then turn that mix knob down until I can hear the untouched sound but still feel that pump underneath

Yes - low vocal first followed by the higher stuff really pushes this during the song. Very "modern" sound vocally and sonically. The intro/outro are cool and creative.

Nice job (again)...I like what you went for (the live feel with plugging up and playing) and I think you achieved it. I think the vocals are at a good level as well as the other instruments. I "might" have brought up the bass and kick (bottom end) just a little but not much. I am consistently impressed with your playing and singing.

Not much that I can add that hasn't been said - I really liked it. For my taste it could use a bit more bass drum and the hats were grating a bit but that could just be my taste - nicely put together.

Hey man,
Great to hear you still sticking at it!
How are you recording the guitars these days?
They sound great compared to the first tracks I heard from you.

The vocals are a bit too upfront for me during the first verse.
They seem to settle down for the chorus and then they're even a little quiet during verse 2, so there's something to look at.

I wonder if the guitars could use a bit of high end? There's a sizzle that's missing, I think.

I haven't listened to your stuff in a while man. It's definitely come a long way! :)

Yes - low vocal first followed by the higher stuff really pushes this during the song. Very "modern" sound vocally and sonically. The intro/outro are cool and creative.

Thanks a lot ido, I really appreciate that. The "live" intro and outro has been give or take for most so far, but i really like it! thanks dude

Nice job (again)...I like what you went for (the live feel with plugging up and playing) and I think you achieved it. I think the vocals are at a good level as well as the other instruments. I "might" have brought up the bass and kick (bottom end) just a little but not much. I am consistently impressed with your playing and singing.

I agree that the low end could be up a bit. and thanks for the listen and the feedback.

Hey man,
Great to hear you still sticking at it!
How are you recording the guitars these days?
They sound great compared to the first tracks I heard from you.

The vocals are a bit too upfront for me during the first verse.
They seem to settle down for the chorus and then they're even a little quiet during verse 2, so there's something to look at.

I wonder if the guitars could use a bit of high end? There's a sizzle that's missing, I think.

I haven't listened to your stuff in a while man. It's definitely come a long way! :)

hey yo, how ya been paul, thank you man. I actually added a touch of treble on the amp sim on a few of the guitars, but when there's 8 of them going at once, I think the mids are just taking over. good call though. your feedback and assistance last winter really helped me get a better sound going - thanks a ton man, that really helped so much. i'm still using the same old headphones to mix on, but i'm very used to the sound now, I believe. I'm also taking more time for mixing - i'll give it about a week and a half, not rushing, just making a few changes here and there in a sitting. seems to work better that way. i'll work on a different tune after an hour or so.

thanks for checking in, hope the album is working out well for you guys. reminds me that i need to place my order :)

hey yo, how ya been paul, thank you man. I actually added a touch of treble on the amp sim on a few of the guitars, but when there's 8 of them going at once, I think the mids are just taking over. good call though. your feedback and assistance last winter really helped me get a better sound going - thanks a ton man, that really helped so much. i'm still using the same old headphones to mix on, but i'm very used to the sound now, I believe. I'm also taking more time for mixing - i'll give it about a week and a half, not rushing, just making a few changes here and there in a sitting. seems to work better that way. i'll work on a different tune after an hour or so.

thanks for checking in, hope the album is working out well for you guys. reminds me that i need to place my order :)

Ah, cool man. Thanks for saying. I went a bit AWOL on you I think but I'm glad I could help to some extent. :)

Yeah, that's the way to do it. Short bursts, long break, subtle changes, and backups of your session. ;)

Back