"All Blues"

AlChuck

I recorded this today over a pre-recorded backing track (from Bobby's Backing Tracks):

"All Blues"

The guitar is a Cort LCS-1 archtop. I routed the recording out of a Roland Cube 30 into my Focusrite Scarlett 6i6. Can you give it a listen and see if it sounds reasonable? I am a bit afraid the guitar is too dark and woofy.

Thanks!

I know a typical archtop lead can have the treble way down on the guitar (I do it myself for "that sound") but as the backing track has plenty of brightness, the guitar does sound like its done over a backing track, rather than with the band in the same room.

Great playing. Agree with Mike that the guitar could fit a bit better into the mix instead of ... I hate to use the word against, but that's what it feels like. Maybe just hit up a 6-7.5k shelf and see how that helps. A little research into finding an appropriate short reverb to fit into the "space" of the track would def help as well.

Thanks for the tips, mjbphotos & BroKen_H! I'll give it another listen and try to see if I can make it inhabit the space of the backing track better.

Back