All Alone

This is a song I composed, arranged and produced and would like to have some feedback. It this a good song, is this a bad song. Do I need to work some more on this song?

YouTube

Some of the highest synth notes are pretty shrill.

It's got kind of a video-game vibe overall. It kind of sounds like what would be playing during a concert scene in a Sierra adventure game. Although, the melodic synth would probably be somewhat more vowel like in a game.

Well, your sounds sound quite amateur. I don't know if it's your samples or the mix, or both. Your snare and kick have no power. Try layering multiple samples, for example: 2-3 snares. I too got an "arcade room" vibe from it. Is your bass panned dead center? If not, do it.

Some of the highest synth notes are pretty shrill.

It's got kind of a video-game vibe overall. It kind of sounds like what would be playing during a concert scene in a Sierra adventure game. Although, the melodic synth would probably be somewhat more vowel like in a game.

I wasn't thinking games when I composed this song VomitHatSteve, but your thoughts were well received my me. thanks for the reply.

Irwin

Last edited:
Well, your sounds sound quite amateur. I don't know if it's your samples or the mix, or both. Your snare and kick have no power. Try layering multiple samples, for example: 2-3 snares. I too got an "arcade room" vibe from it. Is your bass panned dead center? If not, do it.

Hi Big Tier, About the snare and kick I did turn them down so I can relate to what you are saying here.I do appreciate your advice and will apply it in my up coming recording. Thank you very much for your input.

Irwin

Back