Ah Whoo

Bulls Hit

I've added vocals to this jam and just after some insight into how annoying they might be.
When I say vocals, it's like half a dozen lines of lyrics and them some random humming noises to fill in the gaps

Any feedback is great..

V2 mix..

Last edited:
That's pretty wild. I like it. What's that detuning effect? Drums need to come up. Finish it. You could make it about a werewolf but I'm pretty Gonzo-X has has that covered! .

Sounds like you! The drums are a little less in your face than usual, but they're still working. I like the vocals, no complaints about the sound or performance. If i have any mix complaint it might be a lack of bottom end (is there a bass guitar?), though i went and turned up my sub woofer during playback and there was some action there so it could be my system. The opening keyboard had me grabbing my volume knob, might want to take that into consideration...Overall cool tune, catchy, and the mix is sounding pretty good to me, nice work!

Ahhh... Bulls Hit. So many fond musical memories from RP.com. LOL! Just got back into recording after a few years -- new here. Always loved your stuff. Apparently, still do. :-) Great tune. Love how original you are. Right up my alley. Agree with Strat that some of the tune sounds thin, but then the bass kicks in unexpectedly in parts. That could probably be more consistent. The whole song could probably do with a little more light compression to bring everything closer to your face. It feels like it wants to PUNCH YOU, but it kind of chickens out.

I can't tell you exactly how to do that -- that's why I'M here, honestly, but that's my two cents. Good to hear your stuff again.

That's pretty wild. I like it. What's that detuning effect? Drums need to come up. Finish it. You could make it about a werewolf but I'm pretty Gonzo-X has has that covered! .

Hey glad you liked it. That high freq effect is an Eventide harmoniser pedal. Yes agree on the drums, I've since parallel compressed them. That werewolf idea is great and I am renaming the jam accordingly. You can have 50% of the royalties :D

Sounds like you! The drums are a little less in your face than usual, but they're still working. I like the vocals, no complaints about the sound or performance. If i have any mix complaint it might be a lack of bottom end (is there a bass guitar?), though i went and turned up my sub woofer during playback and there was some action there so it could be my system. The opening keyboard had me grabbing my volume knob, might want to take that into consideration...Overall cool tune, catchy, and the mix is sounding pretty good to me, nice work!

Hey Strat, great comments. You're spot on and I ended up turning up everything in the V2 mix, which I'm not sure is the right thing to do... Good catch on the opening volume situation. Thanks for the spin

Ahhh... Bulls Hit. So many fond musical memories from RP.com. LOL! Just got back into recording after a few years -- new here. Always loved your stuff. Apparently, still do. :-) Great tune. Love how original you are. Right up my alley. Agree with Strat that some of the tune sounds thin, but then the bass kicks in unexpectedly in parts. That could probably be more consistent. The whole song could probably do with a little more light compression to bring everything closer to your face. It feels like it wants to PUNCH YOU, but it kind of chickens out.

I can't tell you exactly how to do that -- that's why I'M here, honestly, but that's my two cents. Good to hear your stuff again.

NerveBag! Wow that's a blast from the past. I thought that site had folded, I just went over there at it's still going on. Thanks for the feedback, yep still learning how to mix, still lot of work do do.. The V2 mix hopefully deals with most of the issues. Good to see you around here, I'm going to check out your tracks - see what NB has been up to all these years :D

The office is super noisy, so I can't hear clearly, but it sounds pretty cool so far. I'll have to revisit when it's quiet

Back