Advice on track

dinverro

I am currently producing some tracks and was looking for some advice from more seasoned pros then myself on a mix I am working on. I consider this to be getting there but am thinking the vocal verbs might be a tad bright amongst other things and the drums might want to be more "live" sounding somehow??... Any advice/tips would be most welcome!

I have recently bought a lot of acoustic treatments from GI Acoustics and was hoping it would help with mix translation... :eek:

Oh, I put on a limiter to raise level without affecting peaks, as the mix peaks around -6db otherwise.

Attachments

• Ghosts-Bridges take 3.mp3
    7.5 MB · Views: 8
I am currently producing some tracks and was looking for some advice from more seasoned pros then myself on a mix I am working on. I consider this to be getting there but am thinking the vocal verbs might be a tad bright amongst other things and the drums might want to be more "live" sounding somehow??... Any advice/tips would be most welcome!

I have recently bought a lot of acoustic treatments from GI Acoustics and was hoping it would help with mix translation... :eek:

Oh, I put on a limiter to raise level without affecting peaks, as the mix peaks around -6db otherwise.

Sounds good to me. The recording quality of the vocals is a strength here, nothing to change there IMO.

What do you use for monitors? This sounds very crisp on what I have.

Unrelated note - there's some originality here. Too much techno out there that sounds stale/rehashed. Nice work! ;)

Cool - I thought vocals were ok as the room is much better treated now. I have Focal CMS65's and use an SSL Alpha single channel pre amp into the Apogee Symphony converter. Seems to have a nice clean sound to it (sounds the same in the computer as it did at recording time!!) Is it too crisp perhaps??

The guy's whole Ep is going to be really good, mixing electro and live stuff up like this.

Sounds pretty good to me. Echoing pinky, the vocals sound superb.

My only nit with it is it took too long to get going (I knew it was coming) and when it did, it didn't last very long. Nearly 5 minutes to get pumping and then it was all over 1 minute later.

That's all I've got. :thumbs up:

Back